Everyone know how important is the rooting on your Android mobile phone. After going through the firmware though custom on your Samsung Exhibit 4G T679 smartphone, we will go through the procedure on how you can root your phone. Let me tell you that once you root your device, the warranty will get void, though it can be gained back by restoring to the official firmware.
Pre Upgrade Instructions
Please make sure that you have gone through the following pre upgrade instructions on your mobile phone before going through tutorial of upgrade process –
- Make sure that your devices is only Samsung Exhibit 4G T679 and not any other model released by Samsung.
- We advised you that you should have more than 80 % battery left on your phone. Generally its good if you proceed with the firmware upgrade with full battery charge.
- Disable antivirus or firewall on your PC and phone as well. Please make sure of this or else you are asking for trouble. Also close Samsung KIES as well.
- Please make sure that you enable USB debugging on your phone. To enable it go through Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging and you would be able to enable it.
- You need to take a back of the files which are present on your existing ROM, make use of the following utilities –
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log - Call Log and Restore
Songs, Videos & Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down manually via “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”.
Note : Neither we nor the developer should be held responsible for anything happens to your phone if you proceed with this firmware. We have ensured that everything should go safe.
Assuming that you have gone through the above steps we are now ready to proceed with the firmware upgrade
Procedure to Root Samsung Exhibit 4G Phone
Follow the below mentioned steps carefully –
- First you need to download the Zerq Rush rooting toolkit to your PC.
- Now connect your mobile phone using the USB Connectivity wire to the PC.
- Once the download of the files are done, you need to extract the zip files and then click on the runme.bat file which is the rooting script.
- Once the rooting is over, you need to download the Root Check application from the official Google Play Store.
- Download Clock work mod recovery image file to your pc and save it. Extract the recovery .img from the downloaded files and move them to the internal sd card.
- Next, you need to press the Shift + Right button on your computer and then click the files folder. Select ‘Open Command Window here’ from the menu which will popup. This will inturn open the command prompt.
dd if=/sdcard/recovery.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p13
- Once the commands mentioned above are processed, you will need to reboot it in the Clock Work Mod recovery.
In case rooting get interrupted or failed, please apply the updates again from the start. Don’t forget to apply the backup which you have taken earlier.
With that process you have now successfully rooted your Exhibit 4G smartphone. Congratulations and do let us know if you face any issues during the update process.