The Android 2.3.6 firmware has been leaked for the Verizon Samsung Fascinate USFC27 firmware and we are clear that Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich won’t come up for it. Here in this article we will see on how to update your Samsung Galaxy Fascinate with the Android 2.3.6 Gingerbread operating system based of Verizon Wireless.
This procedure is only for the Verizon Samsung Fascinate with model number as SCH I500 and its not compatible with any other smartphone. For details of the model number, go through Settings > About phone and check the model number on your phone.
Pre Upgrade Instructions
Follow the pre upgrade instructions below -
- Note that you proceed with this phone with your model number as Samsung Fascinate and other variant of it.
- Please make sure that you have a minimum of 70 % battery life left on your phone. This is to ensure that you have sufficient battery during the process of the rooting.
- It’s quite important to backup most of the things on your phone. Make use of the following utilities –
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log - Call Log and Restore
Songs, Videos & Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down manually via “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”.
- Eenable USB debugging on your phone follow the path of Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging and you would be able to enable it.
- All the antivirus or the firewall should be disable for certain period of time. Close any Samsung KIES instances as well.
Disclaimer : Neither we at TheDroidNation.com or the developer of this ROM should be held responsible if anything happens to your mobile phone if you proceed with this firmware upgrade. We have ensured that everything should go fine with update if you follow the procedure correctly.
Now we will head to the firmware upgrade procedure.
Procedure to Install Android 2.3.6 USFC27 Samsung Galaxy Fascinate
Here is the procedure to install the Android 2.3.6 on USFC27 –
- First download the USFC27 firmware for Galaxy Fascinate.
- Extract the downloaded files SCH-I500_SCH-I500USFC27_US_XAR.rar and you will get two files which will include CI500_CS_FC27_GB_REL_KIES.tar and SS_DL.dll.
- On the another side please download the Odin software to flash tool on your PC.
- Power off your phone so that you can enter it in download mode. Galaxy Fascinate can be entered into download mode by pressing the volume down button.You can make use of the following video for download mode –
- Now connect the USB cable to your PC and keep the Odin tool open.
- In the Odin tool select F Reset and Auto Reboot.
- Once the phone is connected you will see the Added symbol in the message box and you will see the ID : COM port turns yellow.
- Now in the PDA button you need to select the CI500_CS_FC27_GB_REL_KIES.tar file obtained.
- When you are ready, click on the Start button to start flashing the USFC27 firmware.
- When flashing is done the phone will be automatically reboot and successful installation is seen when you see the PASS symbol in the left most box of the Odin.
- That completes the procedure of flashing.
You have successfully flashed your Galaxy Fascinate phone with USFC27 firmware.