Samsung has already stopped pushing updates for low end devices such as Samsung Galaxy 5, We’ve already covered up the process to update your device to Android 2.2 Froyo, Since Android 2.2 Firmware is too old now you can update your device to Android 2.3.7 firmware. It is the only latest firmware that can work with full stability on your device, you cannot expect Android Ice Cream Sandwich ROMs to be created by the developers for this low end mobile phone.
Note: This is an non-official update that has been released by some developer and Samsung isn’t the creator of the ROM. So, the warranty will be voided if you install this firmware, but it can be retained using the STOCK FIRMWARE.
Warning for Beginners:
Note: This is an non official update and has to be applied to the Mobile phone using the ODIN tool. The steps which are included in this guide are very risky and can even brick off your mobile phone. Unless you are aware with Custom ROMS, Firmwares and ODIN, don’t even try these things on your mobile phone.
Pre-Requisites to Install Android 2.3.7 Gingerbread on your Samsung Galaxy 5 GT-15503/I5500
- The instructions are working for Galaxy 5, GT-15503/I5500 Originally manufactured.
- Backup all of your SMS Messages using SMS Backup Application.
- Sync all of your Contacts with the Gmail Application.
- Copy all of your notes manually to somewhere else, as if in case your mobile phone gets bricked these notes will be deleted from the mobile phone.
- Take a backup of call logs, APN Settings, and other important things.
- Charge your mobile phone so that it would be having more than 60% battery.
- Now, enable USB Debugging Mode in your mobile phone (Settings > Applications >Development > USB Debugging).
- Samsung Device Drivers installed in your computer.
- Follow all steps carefully in order to get 100% assured success.
How to Install Android 2.3.7 Gingerbread on Your Galaxy 5 GT-I5503/I5500
Note or Disclaimer: We have written each and every step clearly in order to make the update applied successfully but if any wrong step is taken then Neither me nor thedroidnation.com will be held responsible in case your device gets bricked.
- Download ODIN, EUROPA ROM, CWM Mod ROM, and Google Apps Pack using this link (Link Updated).!!
- First copy the “update-cm-7.1.0-RC1-MADTEAM-v1.6-signed.zip” file to your device. Now, Turn off the mobile phone.
- Now, Boot up your mobile phone in download mode, the download mode can be accessed by Pressing and Holding Volume Down + Home + Power button.
- Shoot up the ODIN Downloader application, click on “OPS Tab” select “EUROPA.ops” file, then tick the One Package check-box if it isn’t ticked, then click on the “One Package” tab and select “ClockworkMod-Galaxy5-v0.4.tar” file and click on START!.
- Your mobile phone will restart itself in the recovery mode, now perform an full-wipe of the device by, selecting “Wipe date/factory reset” then “Wipe cache partition” one-by-one. After caches are cleared off, go to advanced > “Wipe Dalvik cache“.
- Now, Make sure you’re on the main screen of the recovery mode, if you’re not then “+++++Go Back+++++” and select the option “install zip from sdcard” Select the file which you had transferred earlier in the device.
- Once the installation of that rom is complete, install the zip file for Google Apps, using the same way.
That’s it!! You’ve successfully installed Android 2.3.7 Gingerbread on Your Samsung Galaxy 5 GT-15503/I5500