So, After too much time an update is now available for the device Galaxy 551 I5510. Now, You can upgrade your device with Android 2.3.6 Gingerbread firmware. The latest firmware version has been released in Hungary and all European people can update their device to make it run on the latest firmware.
Note: This is an non-official update that has been released by some developer and Samsung isn’t the creator of the ROM. So, the warranty will be voided if you install this firmware, but it can be retained using the STOCK FIRMWARE.
Warning for Beginners:
Note: This is an non official update and has to be applied to the Mobile phone using the ODIN Tool. The steps which are included in this guide are very risky and can even brick off your mobile phone. Unless you are aware with Custom ROMS, Firmwares and ODIN, don’t even try these things on your mobile phone.
Pre-Requisites to Install Android 2.3.6 on your Samsung Galaxy 551 I5510
- The instructions are working for Samsung Galaxy 551, I5510 Originally manufactured.
- Backup all of your SMS Messages using SMS Backup Application.
- Sync all of your Contacts with the Gmail Application.
- Copy all of your notes manually to somewhere else, as if in case your mobile phone gets bricked these notes will be deleted from the mobile phone.
- Take a backup of call logs, APN Settings, and other important things.
- Charge your mobile phone so that it would be having more than 60% battery.
- Now, enable USB Debugging Mode in your mobile phone (Settings > Applications >Development > USB Debugging).
- Samsung Device Drivers installed in your computer.
- Follow all steps carefully in order to get 100% assured success.
Install Android 2.3.6 Firmware on Your Galaxy 551 I5510
Note: We have written each and every step clearly in order to make the update applied successfully but if any wrong step is taken then Neither me nor thedroidnation.com will be held responsible in case your device gets bricked.
- Download the Galaxy 551 package and move it to a new folder in order to prevent any confusions.
- Extract the zip files from the package, and shoot up the ODIN application. Turn off your mobile phone and enter it in downloading mode. To enter the downloading mode, press Q along with the Power button and hold both of them. Mobile phone will automatically boot on downloading mode.
- Connect your mobile phone to your computer and once your device is properly connected, the ID:COM section will turn yellow.
- Now, Click on the “OPS” tab and select “CALLISTO_v1.0” then click “one package” tab and select “I5510XWKPH_I5510VDHKP3_I5510XWKP1_HOME.tar“. Both files can be found inside the extracted folder.
- After selecting the files properly, click on “START” button and let the process complete. The mobile phone will restart automatically after the installation.
You’ve successfully installed Android 2.3.6 Firmware on Galaxy 551 I5510