Samsung Galaxy Ace Plus S 7500 is the latest and the success of the Ace Plus model by Samsung. It’s clear that these handsets by Samsung though launched very recently in the market, will not be included for the Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich update but it certain that it will get the Android 2.3.6 and further updates in the Gingerbread.
Of box it comes with Android 2.3.5 and here comes the official Android 2.3.6 update to the Samsung Galaxy Ace plus model. Here in this article we will see on how you can apply this update to your phone.
Pre Upgrade Instructions
Follow the pre upgrade instructions below -
- Note that you proceed with this phone with your model number as Samsung Galaxy Ace Plus and other variant or phone.
- Please make sure that you have a minimum of 70 % battery life left on your phone. This is to ensure that you have sufficient battery during the process of the rooting.
- It’s quite important to backup most of the things on your phone. Make use of the following utilities –
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log - Call Log and Restore
Songs, Videos & Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down manually via “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”.
- Eenable USB debugging on your phone follow the path of Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging and you would be able to enable it.
- All the antivirus or the firewall should be disable for certain period of time. Close any Samsung KIES instances as well.
Disclaimer : Users must understand the risk involved in the custom ROM upgrade as it might tend to break the warranty on your phone. We are not responsible for anything happens to your phone if you proceed with the upgrade here.
Now we will head to the firmware upgrade procedure.
Firmware Upgrade Procedure
Please make sure that you have followed the below mentioned steps carefully –
- Download the DDLB1 firmware package on to your computer.
- Extract the content on to your computer and power off your phone so that you can enter it in download mode.
- In the extracted files install and open the Odin flashing tool on your PC.
- One can enter Samsung Galaxy Ace Plus S7500 handset by pressing the Volume down key, center key and the holding both your need to press the power button after which you will see a green robot with downloading written below it. That means you have entered your phone in the download mode.You will see the warning and then press the Volume Up button.You can make use of the following video for download mode –
- Now connect your phone using the USB Cable to the PC and successful connection is confirmed when the ID : COM port turns yellow.
- Now you need to select F Reset and Auto Reboot among the options.
- On the PDA tab you need to select the download files and then click on the Start button to proceed with the installation.
- It will take not more than 5 minutes for the firmware to be flashed. Your phone would be restarted and now you need to disconnect the USB Connection and enter your phone in the recovery mode.
- Galaxy Ace Plus handset can be entered in the recovery mode by selecting the Volume UP Key, OK button and holding both simultaneously you need to press the power button.You can make use of the following video for recovery mode –
- IN the recovery mode, you need to select the Wipe Data/Factory reset and then select the Wipe Cache Partition and then reboot your device by selecting reboot system now with the volume rocker keys.
- On that is done you need to select “reboot system now”.
Congratulations that you have finally applied the Android 2.3.6 Gingerbread update on to your phone.