The Samsung Galaxy Ace is receiving daily Custom ROM‘s being created by several developers, almost all of the ROM’s are mostly stable so I’m already confused thinking which one to use?. The amazing devs at XDA are continuously creating stuff for the devices no matter the Company releases a new update or not. XDA member “slaid480” is the creator of this Galaxy Ace ROM, the ROM has been dubbed as the TouchWiz4 ROM. The ROM is based on the CM7 – the best thing about this ROM is that it comes with TouchWiz 4 which includes over 20 applications from the Famous Galaxy S2 device, making these applications to be stable on the Galaxy Ace device would have surely required a lot of efforts, Thanks to the devlopers who are providing this stuff for free to everyone..!!
Features of the ROM
Quoted from the live thread on XDA!
- Based on Lastest VO-1 CyanogenMod so don’t forget to think Him
- ketut Latest OC kernel Thanks to him ,please set it to 800 Mhz If you face any stabilit ProblemTW4 CM7.2 theme By Team Cooper
- Full SGS2 Icons
- TW KeyBoard
- TW File manager
- TW memo
- Press reader
- Mini Diary
- TW MMS app
- TW video player
- TW LiveWallpapers
- A lot of TouchWiz4 Widgets Like(accuweather,TW clock,newspapers,Days widget………)
- Alot More From TouchWiz4 SGS2 and Galaxy Wonder one don’t remember
Note: This is an non-official update that has been released by some developer and Samsung isn’t the creator of the ROM. So, the warranty will be voided if you install this firmware, but it can be retained using the STOCK FIRMWARE.
Warning for Beginners:
Note: This is an non official update and has to be applied to the Mobile phone using the Recovery Mode. The steps which are included in this guide are very risky and can even brick off your mobile phone. Unless you are aware with Custom ROMS, Firmwares and ODIN, don’t even try these things on your mobile phone.
Pre-Requisites to Install TouchWiz 4 ROM on Galaxy Ace
- The instructions are working for Galaxy Ace, S5830 Originally manufactured.
- Backup all of your SMS Messages using SMS Backup Application.
- Sync all of your Contacts with the Gmail Application.
- Copy all of your notes manually to somewhere else, as if in case your mobile phone gets bricked these notes will be deleted from the mobile phone.
- Take a backup of call logs, APN Settings, and other important things.
- Charge your mobile phone so that it would be having more than 60% battery.
- Now, enable USB Debugging Mode in your mobile phone (Settings > Applications >Development > USB Debugging).
- Samsung Device Drivers installed in your computer.
- Follow all steps carefully in order to get 100% assured success.
- Rooted Galaxy Ace with ClockworkMod Recovery installed in it.
How to Install TouchWiz 4 ROM on Galaxy Ace
Note: We have written each and every step clearly in order to make the update applied successfully but if any wrong step is taken then Neither me nor thedroidnation.com will be held responsible in case your device gets bricked.
- Download the TouchWiz 4 ROM, after the download is complete transfer the file to the root of your SD Card.
- Turn off your mobile phone and reboot into recovery mode. The recovery mode on Galaxy Ace can be accessed by Pressing and Holding Home + Power button. When the screen shows up and the Samsung logo appears leave the power button but keep holding the Home Key.
- You can operate the recovery mode via the Volume Rocker Keys and select options using the Power Button.
- Now, Select “wipe data/factory reset“, select “Yes” on the next screen. Using the same procedure clear off the “Wipe Cache” and “Dalvik Cache“.
- Now, From the main screen, select “install zip from sdcard” > “choose zip from sdcard” and then select the file which we had transferred earlier on the device.
- The flashing will start and soon the ROM will be completely flashed, now go back and select “reboot system now“.
Congratulations!! You’ve successfully installed the TouchWiz 4 ROM on Your Galaxy Ace.