Yeah, You heard it right Android 4.0.3 Firmware for Galaxy Ace, a developer of XDA Forums named Rushabh25 has made it possible to flash the Android 4.0.3 ROM themed on the Galaxy Ace. Galaxy Ace is a very popular device for the middle class category people, and now the device can be ported to Android 4.0 with the help of the ICS Stock V1 ROM. This is a themed ROM for Galaxy Ace, that means you it will only give the looks and some featured of the Android ICS in your Galaxy Ace.
Note: This is an non-official update, that means it hasn’t been released by Samsung Inc. and Custom Recovery, Odin are used to make the Custom ROM flash in this device. If you want to taste the Android 4.0.3 Firmware on your Ace then this ROM is worth installing, because Samsung will never release Android 4.0 update for this device for sure.
Warning for Beginners:
Note: This is an non official update and has to be applied to the Mobile phone using the Recovery Mode in the mobile phone. The steps which are included in this guide are very risky and can even brick off your mobile phone. Unless you are aware with Custom ROMS, Firmwares and ODIN, don’t even try these things on your mobile phone.
Pre-Requisites to Install Android ICS Themed ROM in your Galaxy Ace
- The instructions are working for Galaxy Ace, S5830 Originally manufactured.
- Backup all of your SMS Messages using SMS Backup Application.
- Sync all of your Contacts with the Gmail Application.
- Copy all of your notes manually to somewhere else, as if in case your mobile phone gets bricked these notes will be deleted from the mobile phone.
- Take a backup of call logs, APN Settings, and other important things.
- Charge your mobile phone so that it would be having more than 60% battery.
- Now, enable USB Debugging Mode in your mobile phone (Settings > Applications >Development > USB Debugging).
- Samsung Device Drivers installed in your computer.
- Follow all steps carefully in order to get 100% assured success.
- Your mobile phone should be rooted, along with that you should have Recovery installed (Your can check the Galaxy Ace Rooting Guide and the CWM installation guide, both of these are important and should be installed in your device).
Installing Android ICS in Your Galaxy Ace
Note: We have written each and every step clearly in order to make the update applied successfully but if any wrong step is taken then Neither me nor thedroidnation.com will be held responsible in case your device gets bricked.
- Download the ICS Stock V1 Rom To Your computer and then transfer the zip file to your SD Card.
- Turn off your mobile phone and now boot it in the Recovery mode (Press Home + Power button till the mobile phone boots, and soon you’ll be in the recovery mode).
- In the recovery mode, select “Wipe data/factory reset” & “Wipe Cache partition” one-by-one and the device caches will be cleared off. After this select “Wipe dalvik cache“.
- Now, go back to the main recovery screen and select “install zip from sd card” and select the file which you had copied to your SD Card earlier in the Step 1.
- The flashing of the Custom ROM will start, it would take around 5-10 minutes to flash the ROM and soon the ROM will be installed.
Congratulations!! You’ve successfully installed Android ICS in your Galaxy Ace.