Here’s another Themed ROM for Galaxy Ace named as the “Meego 1.2 ROM” the rom brings the Meego look to your device and is extremely beautiful, the ROM is based on the CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3) and is already Pre-Rooted and deodexed. The ROM is created for those people who were in love with the awesome UI which was first seen on the Nokia N9 device, and now the developers of Android have brought this ROM for the Galaxy Ace users.
Features of the ROM
Quoted from the developer thread at the XDA Developer Forums.
- Based on CyanogenMod 7.2.0 by vo-1 (update 18/02/12)
- Root & Deodexed
- Kernel Blackhawk by Ketut
- Framework mod (30 volume steps)
- Lagfree V3 By Slaid480 (Edited by g_BonE)
- GPS Fix by lagloose
- Turboboost v8.5 by GadgetCheck
Note: This is a Themed ROM for Galaxy Ace device, i.e. This firmware version will remain as Android 2.3 Gingerbread but the device will get the Meego OS Look and some added features. This is an non-official update that has been released by some developer and Samsung isn’t the creator of the ROM. So, the warranty will be voided if you install this firmware, but it can be retained using the STOCK FIRMWARE.’
Warning for Beginners:
Note: This is an non official update and has to be applied to the Mobile phone using the Recovery Mode. The steps which are included in this guide are very risky and can even brick off your mobile phone. Unless you are aware with Custom ROMS, Firmwares and ODIN, don’t even try these things on your mobile phone.
Pre-Requisites to Install Meego 1.2 ROM on Galaxy Ace
- The instructions are working for Galaxy Ace, S5830 Originally manufactured.
- Backup all of your SMS Messages using SMS Backup Application.
- Sync all of your Contacts with the Gmail Application.
- Copy all of your notes manually to somewhere else, as if in case your mobile phone gets bricked these notes will be deleted from the mobile phone.
- Take a backup of call logs, APN Settings, and other important things.
- Charge your mobile phone so that it would be having more than 60% battery.
- Now, enable USB Debugging Mode in your mobile phone (Settings > Applications >Development > USB Debugging).
- Samsung Device Drivers installed in your computer.
- Follow all steps carefully in order to get 100% assured success.
- Rooted Galaxy Ace with ClockworkMod Recovery installed in it.
How to Install Meego 1.2 ROM on Galaxy Ace
Note: We have written each and every step clearly in order to make the update applied successfully but if any wrong step is taken then Neither me nor thedroidnation.com will be held responsible in case your device gets bricked.
- Download Meego ROM from the official development thread.
- Transfer the downloaded file to the root of your SD Card.
- Turn off the mobile phone, now press Home + Power Button to boot into CWM Recovery mode.
- Now, Select “wipe data/factory reset“, select “Yes” on the next screen. Using the same procedure clear off the “Wipe Cache”. Now on the main menu select “Mounts and storge” >> select “format system” and then confirm by selecting yes.
- Now, go back to the main CWM screen and select “install zip from sdcard” >> “choose zip from sdcard” and select the file which you had transferred earlier on the device.
- Now, Go back to the main screen and select “reboot system now“.
That’s it, you’ve successfully installed The Meego Styled theme on your Galaxy Ace.