Samsung Galaxy Ace being a low end device is still receiving high end updates. Android 4.0 MIUI 4 based ROM has been released and can now be ported to the device. Before this ROM, MIUI 4 was only available for devices having a high resolution screen, but developers of XDA have made it possible for this low resolution screen to run the firmware on it. As, MIUI 4 ROM is still under development and cannot have so many features as found in the Gingerbread ROM, but still it’s better than the stock ROM. Read on to know more about the installation procedure.
Note: This is an non-official update that has been released by some developer and Samsung isn’t the creator of the ROM. So, the warranty will be voided if you install this firmware, but it can be retained using the STOCK FIRMWARE.
Warning for Beginners:
Note: This is an non official update and has to be applied to the Mobile phone using the Recovery Mode. The steps which are included in this guide are very risky and can even brick off your mobile phone. Unless you are aware with Custom ROMS, Firmwares and ODIN, don’t even try these things on your mobile phone.
Pre-Requisites to Install MIUI 4 ROM on Galaxy Ace
- The instructions are working for Samsung Galaxy Ace, Originally manufactured.
- Backup all of your SMS Messages using SMS Backup Application.
- Sync all of your Contacts with the Gmail Application.
- Copy all of your notes manually to somewhere else, as if in case your mobile phone gets bricked these notes will be deleted from the mobile phone.
- Take a backup of call logs, APN Settings, and other important things.
- Charge your mobile phone so that it would be having more than 60% battery.
- Now, enable USB Debugging Mode in your mobile phone (Settings > Applications >Development > USB Debugging).
- Samsung Device Drivers installed in your computer.
- Follow all steps carefully in order to get 100% assured success.
- Rooted Ace with ClockworkMod Recovery installed in it.
How to Install MIUI 4 ROM on Samsung Galaxy Ace
Note: We have written each and every step clearly in order to make the update applied successfully but if any wrong step is taken then Neither me nor thedroidnation.com will be held responsible in case your device gets bricked.
- Download the MIUI 4 ROM from the official development thread (Password: teammiui). Extract the package copy the ROM file to the root of your SD Card.
- Turn off your Galaxy Ace and reboot into CWM Recovery Mode, CWM Recovery on Galaxy Ace can be accessed by pressing “Home + Power” buttons together.
- Once, you’re in the CWM Screen, select “wipe data/factory reset” and “wipe cache”, confirm both by selecting “YES“.
- Now, select “install zip from sdcard” >> “choose zip from sdcard” >> Now select the file which we had transferred to the device earlier.
- Wait for the ROM to get flashed completely.
- Now, reboot your device by going back to the main screen and selecting the “reboot system now” option.
That’s it, you’ve successfully installed MIUI 4 ROM on Samsung Galaxy Ace.