The latest release version of Cyanogen Mod 7.2 is optimized for the best performance and the best user interface. The love of latest Cyanogen Mod 7.2 is brought to the Samsung Galaxy Ace smart phone. Samsung Galaxy Ace surely will not receive the Android 4.0 update officially but there is large number of custom firmware available for this handset model.
All thanks to the developer of the XDA forums masterex567 who has built this ROM. In this article we will be seeing procedure on how to apply this Cyanogen Mod 7.2 firmware on to your Ace smart phone.
This firmware comes with following features added –
- Added Fire kernel OC
- Added Adrenaline Boost
- Faster GPS Lock
- Added BRAVIA Engine
- A lot of free ROM
- Over 80 MB of Free Internal memory
Essential Pre Requisites
You need to make sure that your device is with the following essential required pre upgrade steps –
- If you need this firmware on your device, then you need to first update your Samsung Galaxy Ace to DDKQ8 and then root the same. Rooting is quite essential to upgrade your device to this ROM.
- You need to take the back up of your data with the help of procedure that you follow earlier.
- Also users need to enable the USB debugging by going through “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging ensuring the option is ticked.
- You should charge your battery to the minimum of 60 % so that you don’t run of battery life during the process of firmware update or else you need to visit Samsung Care to repair your device from this problem.
Ensuring that you have followed these steps we will see the procedure to update your device.
Procedure to Update
The updating procedure is pretty much simple. Follow the steps below –
- You need to download the Samsung Galaxy Ace S 5830 custom firmware package on to your PC. Once these are downloaded you need to connect your device to the PC and then place the zip file on to the root of your phone memory card.
- Once those files are copied you need to disconnect your phone and turn off the main device so that you can enter it in recovery mode.
- Once can easily enter Samsung Galaxy Ace S 5830 in recovery mode pressing the Menu button, Power button and the volume down button.
- In the recovery mode you need to select the option of “install zip from sd card” > “choose zip from sd card” and then choose the downloaded package as moved to the phone’s internal memory. In the recovery mode use volume rocker keys to move up and down the selection and power key to select a highlighted option.
- Once when the files are selected it will take maximum of 10 minutes to apply the updates. Once those are applied, you will be taken back to the recovery mode screen. Now among the options you need to select ‘reboot system now’ so as you can boot your device with the new firmware that you have applied.
Do let us know how you feel about the Cyanogen Mod 7.2 Custom ROM on your smart phone via comments section below.