The default operating system on the Samsung Galaxy Ace GT S 5830 is Froyo 2.2 which can be upgraded to further versions. The latest version update available for Galaxy Ace S 5830 is Gingerbread 2.3.3 XXKPE where XX stands for the European firmware and the remaining alpha numeric code is specifies the version number. This are not the official firmware but they are the beta leaks which are equivalent to the original firmware’s. This firmware comes with enhancements and improvements from the previous versions which includes enhanced battery life, better Wi-Fi and Bluetooth now turned into stable from the earlier versions.
The newer version update available for Samsung Galaxy Ace comes with great relief to the users. Note that this is not the official ROM release by Samsung but it’s a beta release from Samsung which is available to the testers. You need to once again root your Samsung Galaxy Ace because after the rooting all the system files are refreshed and the root access get revoked. So let’s proceed and upgraded your Galaxy Ace with Gingerbread 2.3.3 but before that we have pre upgrade instructions so that you have a the backup before you lose everything on your mobile phone. We have made sure that the instructions are very easy to understand especially for those who are upgrading it for the first time on their mobile phone.
With the firmware update, you will restore your mobile phone to new settings and you have to again reconfigure your settings. The settings such as APN, MMS settings, phone contacts will be reset after this procedure. So to get them back you may need to contact your servicer provider or you make a note of APN, MMS settings and then finally update it manually. Apart from that we at Android Advices strives our best and don’t take any responsibility if you download the files and apply the procedure for firmware update mentioned below, i.e., it’s strictly based on individual users.
Pre Upgrade Instructions:
Before we actually get started with the firmware update there are few things you should pre ensure. Here are the pre upgrade instructions –
- This upgrade version is dubbed as XXKPE 2.3.3 Gingerbread a release leak. All the Europena Galaxy Ace come with this firmware version updates.
- You should create a backup of all your settings, applications, contacts, SMS, phone book contacts, call logs, emails and other important data which is present on your mobile phone to the PC.
- ‘Prevention is better than cure’, so make sure that you have your battery level with charge level showing more than 50 %, if its 100% its good so that the firmware updates goes smoothly with any interruption.
- As a prevention measure you should ensure that you have removed SIM card and memory card from your mobile phone.
- Its very important that the computer with which you are connecting your mobile phone has the latest version of Windows i.e., Windows 7 or Windows XP or Vista with good USB connection standards and importantly you should have admin access on the PC.
- Please note that the updating your mobile firmware is completely different from rooting you devices and its doesn’t void your manufacturer warranty.
Procedure to Update Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830 to Gingerbread XXKPE 2.3.3:
Now my continuous repeat on Samsung Galaxy Ace and the version Gingerbread XXKPE 2.3.3 to ensure that you understand the terms and here is the procedure to upgrade the same –
- Primary step is to ensure that you download XXKPE 2.3.3 Gingerbread package which has the file size of 139 MB on to your PC. Now once the download is 100 % successfully completed, you need to extract the same in which you will find Boot, Code, PDA, CSC, Modem and also the Odin along with the Cooper OPS file. Please note that you should get all those files in the download. During the process of extraction, it will ask for the password and you should enter as androidadvices.com.
- Now open the Odin Multi downloader v 4.38 file from the extracted file, which will lead you to a popping up as shown in the below picture. This is the flashing tool and your firmware would be upgraded using this.
- It better to close other programs running in your PC and you also close KIES software.
- Ensure that you have connected your mobile phone with USB wire and verify whether it’s still corrected properly.
- Turn on your mobile in download mode, for those who aren’t aware of download, you can simply get in to download mode by pressing Middle Key + power key and volume down key all together. The download mode is necessary for updating the firmware on your mobile phone and in simple words it’s like safe mode on your mobile phone.
- To know whether your phone is connected properly, the ID:COM block would be yellow in color as shown in the below screen shot.
- The next step is to select the files for the firmware images into their respective location –
OPS – Cooper_v1.0.ops
BOOT – APBOOT_S5830XXKPE_CL185571_REV03_user_mid_true.tar.md5
Phone – MODEM_S5830XXKPE_CL185571_REV03.tar.md5
PDA – CODE_S5830XXKPE_CL185571_REV03_user_mid_true.tar.md5
CSC – CSC_S5830SERKPE_CL185571_REV03_user_mid_true.tar.md5
Ensure that you have select the right files into its right location or else it will brick your phone.
- Once you have done that, you need to click on Start which is located just above the option of Select OPS. As soon as you hit the Start button it would take around 5 -10 minutes to complete the firmware update process and its recommended not to stop the process in any case.
- Once its done, you will have to wait until you see home screen on your mobile phone and also in the Odin Flash tool you would see the Blue colored box will be glowing.
As soon as the firmware is updated successfully, you would be provided to select the time, time zone, language in your mobile phone. Now by your manual procedure you need to check out the firmware version on your mobile phone. You would see Gingerbread 2.3.3. So that makes your Galaxy Ace upgraded to Gingerbread.
Here is the video of the same -