Here comes the Myth custom Ice Cream Sandwich built for the Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830 smartphone. There is lot more to talk about the improvements and the enhancements included in the list. This is not an official release by Samsung and this is a custom work around by the third party developers. With this users would be able to get Ice Cream Sandwich on their mobile phone
Features and Improvements
- Based on the stock DXKT5 2.3.6
- This supports about 55 European, Asian and Middle East
- Pre rooted
- Manage RAM Lagfree v3
- CRT animation effect
- ClockworkMod recovery v 22.214.171.124
- A2sd GUI script
- Smooth scroll mod
- Modded TouchWiz Launcher 5 x 4, 5 dock
- Script to manage RAM Adrenaline Boost v2
- Script to manage RAM Turbo Boost v8.5
- Script to manage RAM Lagfree V3
The following are the few screenshots of the Android 4.0.3 Myth ROM –
Pre Upgrade Instructions
Please make sure that you have gone through the following pre upgrade instructions –
- Please make sure that your phone is Galaxy Ace S 5830 and not any other variants like Ace S 5830 2, Ace Plus or Ace Duos.
- With this update all the data on your phone will be lost. Make use of the following Android applications –
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,Call Log - Call Log and Restore
Songs, Videos & Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down manually via “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”.
- Atleast you should have 70 % battery left on your mobile phone, this is to avoid the battery calibration.
- Disable all the antivirus suites or the firewall on your PC.
- You need to enable USB debugging in your phone. It can be enabled using the ‘Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging’.
Assuming that you are done with the above measures of precautions we are now ready to upgrade your phone.
Disclaimer : Neither we nor the developer should be held responsible if you proceed with this firmware upgrade. We ensure that everything is working perfectly here and the chances of your phone getting bricked are very less. Please follow instructions carefully.
Procedure to Update Galaxy Ace S 5830 Myth ICS 4.0.3 ROM
Follow the below procedure carefully without leaving a single step –
- First and the foremost thing you should do is to download the Myth Custom ROM firmware package on to your computer.
- Once the firmware package are downloaded on to your PC, you need to transfer them to the internal storage provided on to your phone using the USB cable.
- After the copy of the files are done, you need to remove the USB connectivity from your PC and reboot your phone as to enter it in recovery mode.
- Galaxy Ace can be turned into recovery mode by holding the Menu button and Power button simultaneously. If the devices turn on the normal menu then try it again.
- In the recovery mode, you need to select the option ‘install zip from sd card’ and then select the option ‘choose zip from sd card’ and then finally navigate to the internal sd card where the Myth Custom ROM zip file is located.
- Once that is done, the device will again reboot in the recovery mode. In the recovery mode you need to select the option of ‘++++ Go Back ++++’ and then finally choose the option ‘reboot system now’ to reboot your phone in the normal mode.
- If the phone doesn’t get into the normal mode, you need to remove the battery and re insert it.
With that you have finally updated your Galaxy Ace S5830 smartphone to the custom Myth firmware. In case you face any issues during this update the please comment below.