The Samsung Galaxy Fit GT 5670 has taken Samsung to a pride and this is the most purchased entry level smartphone in the Android line. Since we have rooted Galaxy Fit by following the procedure, here in this article we will go through the procedure on how you can install ClockWorkMod Recovery easily and manually by yourself.
Pre Upgrade Instructions
Before we proceed with the steps to install the CWM on your phone we should go through the pre upgrade instructions, mentioned here -
- Make sure that this update is only for the users who own Samsung Galaxy Fit GT S5670 smartphone but not any other version.
- Make sure that your smartphone is rooted.
- Please make sure that you have more than 60 % battery life left on your phone.
- You need to take the backup of all the data on your phone as this would be lost after this firmware upgrade and so you can make use of the following applications –
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log - Call Log and Restore
Songs, Videos & Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down manually via “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”.
- Make sure that you need to have USB Debugging installed on your Galaxy Fit phone. Follow the path Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging” and you should tick the USB debugging option.
Disclaimer : Since this is a custom ROM, users should understand that they are proceeding with this update on their own risk. Neither developer nor we would be held responsible.
Install ClockWorkMod Recovery 5 on Galaxy Fit Procedure
- First and the foremost thing which you have to do is to download the CWM package for your Samsung Galaxy Fit.
- Now extract the downloaded RAR package to your Computer.
- On the other side you need to power off your Samsung Galaxy Fit handset.
- You need to enter your Samsung Galaxy Fit in the download mode. To make enter your device in the Download mode you need to press the keys combination of the Volume down key, home button and the menu button on your device. Once your screen shows up something then release the buttons.You can make use of the following video for download mode –
- Now on your downloaded files open the Odin files and install it on your PC.
- Connect your phone using the USB cable and as soon as you connect your phone the ID : COM port turns yellow in the Odin box. This confirms the successful connection of your phone to PC.
- Now in the OPS files you need to select the BENI_v1.0.ops file.
- Select the One Package among the listed options and then tap on PDA button select beni_cwm-5_ext4_v2.tar file.
- Click Start button in the Odin and wait until the process is finished. You will see the Pass green box on your Odin tool.
- Your phone would be rebooted automatically and you would be booted normally.
So with that you have successfully installed the ClockWorkMod Recovery 5 on your Samsung Galaxy Fit running on Gingerbread.