The Samsung Galaxy Fit GT 5670 has taken Samsung to a pride and this is the most purchased entry level smartphone in the Android line. Here in this article we will go through the procedure on how you can root your device which has got several advantages like you can gain access to give admin privileges, install application which requires rooting, install custom ROM which are available in dozens and lot more.
Pre Upgrade Instructions
Make sure that you have gone through the following pre upgrade instructions before updating to the latest firmware.
- Make sure that this update is only for the users who own Samsung Galaxy Fit GT S5670 smartphone but not any other version.
- Please make sure that you are on the Android 2.3.6 version on your Galaxy Fit device.
- Please make sure that you have more than 60 % battery life left on your phone.
- You need to take the backup of all the data on your phone as this would be lost after this firmware upgrade and so you can make use of the following applications –
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log - Call Log and Restore
Songs, Videos & Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down manually via “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”.
- Make sure that you need to have USB Debugging installed on your Galaxy Fit phone. Follow the path Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging” and you should tick the USB debugging option.
Disclaimer : Since this is a custom ROM, users should understand that they are proceeding with this update on their own risk. Neither developer nor we would be held responsible.
Root Samsung Galaxy Fit GT S5670 Procedure
Follow the instructions mentioned below to root your Galaxy Fit handset –
- First and the foremost thing is you should download the Galaxy Fit Rooting Package on to your PC.
- First you need to connect your Samsung Galaxy Fit handset using the USB Cable to your PC and make sure USB debugging is enabled as said in the pre upgrade instructions.
- Now move the downloaded files to the root of your handset. Don’t place it much deeper in the folders and sub folders.
- Once the copying of files is done, disconnect your phone
- Power off your phone so that you can enter in recovery mode.
- Once can easily enter Galaxy Fit in recovery mode by pressing the three keys combination of home button, volume down button and the power button. Release the buttons when you see something on the screen. You can make use of the following video for recovery mode –
- In the recovery mode you will see many options and here you can make use of the volume rockers keys for moving between selections and then make use of power button to select a highlighted option.
- In the recovery mode you need to select the option of ‘Install zip from SD card’ > Choose zip from SD card and then select the Root Zip Package which you have placed in the device earlier.
- Once that is done, you need to select ‘++++ Go Back ++++’ then select reboot system now and then reboot your phone.
- Now for the list of options select ‘reboot system now’ to reboot your phone and this is where your phone is rooted.
With these instructions you have rooted your Samsung Galaxy Fit GT S5670 which is on the Android 2.3.6 Gingerbread OS.