Recently, we covered up How you can root the Samsung galaxy fit and install custom recovery in it. Samsung has already refused to release any value pack and official firmware update for the galaxy fit, but Cyanogen Mod Team has come up with their latest ROM for Galaxy Fit which is based on the latest Android ICS 4.0.3 Firmware. The ROM has been confirmed to be fully stable and reportedly working.
Note: This is an non-official update that has been released by some developer and Samsung isn’t the creator of the ROM. So, the warranty will be voided if you install this firmware, but it can be retained using the STOCK FIRMWARE. So that means no problems.
Warning for Beginners:
Note: This is an non official update and has to be applied to the Mobile phone using the recovery mode. The steps which are included in this guide are very risky and can even brick off your mobile phone. Unless you are aware with Custom ROMS, Firmwares and ODIN, don’t even try these things on your mobile phone.
Pre-Requisites to Install Android 4.0.3 on your Samsung Galaxy Fit
- The instructions are working for Samsung Galaxy Fit, S5670 Originally manufactured.
- Backup all of your SMS Messages using SMS Backup Application.
- Sync all of your Contacts with the Gmail Application.
- Copy all of your notes manually to somewhere else, as if in case your mobile phone gets bricked these notes will be deleted from the mobile phone.
- Take a backup of call logs, APN Settings, and other important things.
- Charge your mobile phone so that it would be having more than 60% battery.
- Now, enable USB Debugging Mode in your mobile phone (Settings > Applications >Development > USB Debugging).
- Samsung Device Drivers installed in your computer.
- Follow all steps carefully in order to get 100% assured success.
- Your mobile phone should be rooted, along with that you should have Recovery installed.
Install Android ICS 4.0.3 Firmware on Your Galaxy Fit S5670
Note: We have written each and every step clearly in order to make the update applied successfully but if any wrong step is taken then Neither me nor thedroidnation.com will be held responsible in case your device gets bricked.
- Note: Your mobile phone should be rooted, along with that it should be having custom recovery installed in it (Read the Rooting and Custom Recovery Installation Guide for Galaxy Fit).
- Download the Cyanogen Mod9 on your computer, and then transfer the file to the Root of your SD Card.
- Disconnect your mobile phone after the file is transferred, Turn it off and start it in recovery mode (You can access recovery mode on your mobile phone by holding Volume Up + Home Button + Power Key and the device will start itself).
- In the recovery screen, select “Wipe data/factory reset” & “Wipe Cache partition” one-by-one and after that select “install zip from sd card” after that select “choose zip from sd card” and then choose the zip file which you had transferred earlier on your mobile phone.
- Wait for some time and let the process complete, as soon as the process gets completed, go back to the main screen and select “reboot system now” and the mobile phone will start with Android ICS 4.0.3 installed in it.