Samsung Galaxy Fit is one of the most famous device which is known because of it’s affordability and great price. Galaxy Fit users can now enjoy Rooting the device, and due course of this article we will tell you how you can install Custom Recovery on your device after Rooting it. As, the latest CyanogenMod 9 is available for Galaxy Fit which can be used to upgrade the mobile phone to the latest Android ICS 4.0.
Warning for Beginners:
Note: This is an rooting and installing process for the mobile phone named Galaxy Fit S5670 and has to be applied to the Mobile phone using the Recovery Mode in the mobile phone. The steps which are included in this guide are very risky and can even brick off your mobile phone. Unless you are aware with Custom ROMS, Firmwares and ODIN, don’t even try these things on your mobile phone.
Pre-Requisites to Root and Install Custom Recovery on your Samsung Galaxy Fit
- The instructions are working for Samsung Galaxy Fit, S5670 Originally manufactured.
- Backup all of your SMS Messages using SMS Backup Application.
- Sync all of your Contacts with the Gmail Application.
- Copy all of your notes manually to somewhere else, as if in case your mobile phone gets bricked these notes will be deleted from the mobile phone.
- Take a backup of call logs, APN Settings, and other important things.
- Charge your mobile phone so that it would be having more than 60% battery.
- Now, enable USB Debugging Mode in your mobile phone (Settings > Applications >Development > USB Debugging).
- Samsung Device drivers installed in your computer.
- Follow all steps carefully in order to get 100% assured success.
How To Root and Install Custom Recovery on your Samsung Galaxy Fit
Note: We have written each and every step clearly in order to make the rooting process successful but if any wrong step is taken then Neither me nor thedroidnation.com will be held responsible in case your device gets bricked.
- Download Odin, Rooting File and the OPS File from the links to your computer and move them to a new folder in order to prevent any confusions.
- Turn off your mobile phone and bring the mobile phone to download mode (hold the Volume Down button + Home Key + Power Button and the device will start itself).
- Now, Shoot up the ODIN executable file.
- Click on the OPS Tab in the ODIN window and select the “BENI_v1.0.ops” file after that tick the “One Package” option and select the file “beni_cwm-5_ext4_v2“.
- Connect your mobile phone to the computer, and wait for the device drivers to get installed. After the installation of drivers is complete then the ID:COM section in the ODIN downloader window will turn yellow.
- Wait for some time, and as soon as the installation is complete the phone will reboot itself. Now, you can remove the USB cable.
- Now, You can access recovery mode on your mobile phone by holding Volume Up + Home Button + Power Key and the device will start itself.
- Now, select “Wipe data/factory reset” & “Wipe Cache partition” one-by-one and the device caches will be cleared off. After this select “Wipe dalvik cache“.
Congratulations!! You’ve successfully installed Custom Recovery in your Samsung Galaxy Fit.