It’s clear that Samsung Galaxy Mini S5570 will not receive the official Android 4.0 update but certainly with the custom firmware it’s definitely possible. And here comes one such from the team Cyanogen Mod 9 as they have powerpacked Android 4.0.3 update for the Samsung Galaxy Mini S5570 smartphone and here it goes the procedure on how you can proceed with the firmware upgrade.
Pre Upgrade Instructions
Follow the pre upgrade instructions below -
- Note that you proceed with this phone with your model number as Samsung Galaxy Mini S5570 and other variant or phone.
- Please make sure that you have a minimum of 70 % battery life left on your phone. This is to ensure that you have sufficient battery during the process of the rooting.
- It’s quite important to backup most of the things on your phone. Make use of the following utilities –
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log - Call Log and Restore
Songs, Videos & Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down manually via “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”.
- Eenable USB debugging on your phone follow the path of Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging and you would be able to enable it.
- All the antivirus or the firewall should be disable for certain period of time. Close any Samsung KIES instances as well.
Disclaimer : Users must understand the risk involved in the custom ROM upgrade as it might tend to break the warranty on your phone. We are not responsible for anything happens to your phone if you proceed with the upgrade here.
Now we will head to the firmware upgrade procedure.
Galaxy Mini S5570 ICS Beta 7 Cyanogen Mod 9 Upgrade Procedure
Follow the procedure mentioned here carefully –
- First download the ICS CM9 package for Galaxy Mini S5570 on to your computer.
- On the other side you need to turn off your Galaxy Mini phone to enter it in recovery mode.
- Samsung Galaxy Mini can be entered in to recovery mode by holding the menu button, power button together for some time. If the devices boots normally then retry it again.You can refer to the video here to get your phone in the recovery mode.You can make use of the following video for recovery mode –
- In the recovery mode you need to select the options of “Wipe data/factory reset”, “Wipe Cache Partition” and then clear off the cache on your device.
- Then select Install Zip from SD card and then choose zip from SD card and finally navigate to the folder where you have downloaded the firmware package. This entire process of flashing will take maximum of 10 minutes. Your phone will now be restarted.
- If you are facing any issues of force lag then reenter your phone in the recovery mode and then select options of “Wipe data/factory reset” & “Wipe Cache partition” and then go back and press the “reboot system now”.
Congratulations you have finally updated your Samsung Galaxy Mini S5570 smartphone with Android 4.0.3 based Cyanogen Mod 9 firmware.