Samsung Galaxy Nexus i515 is the Verizon Wireless variant of the famous Samsung Galaxy Nexus smartphone. The phone now get the update of the IMM76K software package and this fixes the issues related to the network. In this article we will go through the procedure to update your phone with this firmware. This is the official firmware package version released by Verizon Wireless.
This update comes with the following improvements and enhancements –
- Time taken to open an application has been reduced to half that of previous one
- Battery is optimized for better backup
- Camera shutter lag issue now fixed
- Camera loads faster from the lock screen
- Undressed issue of animation in some apps has been resolved
Disclaimer : Users should understand that neither we nor the developers should be held responsible for anything happens to your phone. Proceed at your own risk.
Pre Requirement Before Upgrade
Before you proceed with the firmware upgrade you should make sure that you have the following pre upgrade done –
Your Samsung Galaxy Nexus i515 should be rooted, if its not then don’t apply this updates.
- Make sure that your device is only Samsung Galaxy Nexus i515 and not other variant of it. You can check for the phone version by going through Settings > About Phone.
- Charge your Galaxy SC 02B to minimum of 70 % charging and then proceed with the update.
- Please make sure that you enable USB debugging on your phone. Go to Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging and check it out.
- Finally it’s important that you backup most of the things on your phone. Make use of the following –
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log - Call Log and Restore
Songs, Videos & Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down manually via “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”.
While we are sure that you have followed above pre upgrade instructions, we are ready for the firmware upgrade.
Update Galaxy Nexus I515 with ICS Android 4.0.4 – Procedure
- First and the foremost thing to be done are to download the IMM76K package on to your computer.
- Once when the files are downloaded you need to connect your Galaxy Nexus i515 using the USB Cable and then transfer the download package to the root of your SD card.
- Now disconnect the USB connection from your phone and then power off it so that you can enter it in boot loader mode.
- One can easily enter Galaxy Nexus in the boot loader mode by pressing the combination of Volume up and volume down key simultaneously and then press the power button altogether at once. Once when you see the boot loader mode screen then release the buttons and if your phone turns in normal mode then redo the procedure again.
- In the bootloader mode you need to select the option of “recovery mode” and using the volume key press the power button to confirm the action.
- In the recovery mode you need to select “install zip from SD card” > Choose zip from SD card then choose the IMM76 zip package. The process will take 5 – 10 minutes to apply the settings.
- As soon as the updates are applied you need to select “++++Go Back++++” and then choose the option of “Reboot system now”. If the phone doesn’t restart, re insert the battery.
Do let us know how you feel with the Android 4.0.4 on your Galaxy Nexus i515 device?