AOKP ROM for Samsung Galaxy Note has just arrived and we’re here to tell you the installation procedure for the same. The AOKP ROM is based on Android 4.0.3 ICS that brings better speed, customization and lots of stuff to your mobile device. The XDA Developer eaglerazor123 has developed this ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Note device and you can install the same with the guide covered by us.
Read on to know more about the way to flash the Android ICS 4.0.3 AOKP ROM on Samsung Galaxy Note Phablet.
Note: This is an non-official update that has been released by some developer and the official company isn’t the creator of the ROM, there can be a few bugs on the ROM as it hasn’t been released by the company. Warranty of the mobile phone will be voided upon the flashing of the ROM, but it can be retained using the STOCK FIRMWARE.
Information about the ROM
- MAJOR: Video recording (camcorder) doesn’t work (videos are not saved). Camera (taking pictures) working properly.
- MAJOR: USB File transfer (MTP) doesn’t work.
- MINOR: First SMS Message is reported as not sent. It is NOT TRUE – first message sends correctly. This is just some false report.
- MINOR: Sometimes Wi-Fi can’t be re-enabled - that means sometimes you can’t turn wi-fi on after you’ve turned it off. Reboot fixes that.
- Toggles disappear sometimes
- NOTE: If you’ll reboot your device it will reboot TWICE and dalvik-cache will be cleared. This is temporary (and very stupid, but it works) workaround for some problem. It doesn’t affect any functionality, but does affect boot time. Will be fixed ASAP too.
Pre-Requisites to Install Android ICS ROM on Galaxy Note
- The instructions are working for Samsung Galaxy Note, Originally manufactured.
- Backup all of your SMS Messages using SMS Backup Application.
- Sync all of your Contacts with the Gmail Application.
- Copy all of your notes manually to somewhere else, as if in case your mobile phone gets bricked these notes will be deleted from the mobile phone.
- Take a backup of call logs, APN Settings, and other important things.
- Charge your mobile phone so that it would be having more than 60% battery.
- Now, enable USB Debugging Mode in your mobile phone (Settings > Applications >Development > USB Debugging).
- Samsung Device Drivers installed in your computer.
- Rooted device with CWM Recovery installed.
- Follow all steps carefully in order to get 100% assured success.
How to Install Android ICS ROM on Galaxy Note
Disclaimer: We have written each and every step clearly in order to make the update applied successfully but if any wrong step is taken then your device can brick, remember Neither me nor thedroidnation.com is held responsible in case your device gets bricked. Proceed at your own risk, and always make sure that you’ve checked all essential pre-requisites.
- Download the ROM file from the official development thread at XDA.
- Copy the file to the Root of your Internal memory.
- Turn off the Galaxy Note, Boot into CWM recovery.
- Now, Select “wipe data/factory reset” then select “YES” to confirm the same.
- Now select “Install zip from sdcard” >>> “choose zip from sdcard“, now select the file which you had transferred earlier on the device.
- After the completion “Go Back” and “reboot system now“.
That’s it, you’ve successfully installed the AOKP Based ROM on Your Galaxy Note.