Samsung has announced Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich update to Samsung Galaxy S II but the update for Samsung Galaxy Note has been missed. We understand that Galaxy Note has separate functions than the normal phones but officially it has been delayed for quite a while now. There are several leaks for Galaxy note which are turning the attentions of the users and here comes the ZCLP6 firmware which brings the Ice Cream Sandwich flavors on your phone+ tablet combo.
Here in this article we will go on through the procedure to flash your Galaxy Note with Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich OS. Be fore we proceed with the upgrade instructions, follow the pre upgrade instructions mentioned here –
Pre Upgrade Instructions
Follow the below mentioned pre upgrade instructions -
- Please make sure that your handset is Samsung Galaxy Note only and not other variant of it.
- Please make sure that you have a minimum of 70 % battery life left on your phone. This is to ensure that you don’t run out of battery during the upgrade procedure.
- Make sure that you have installed the i9220LP1 ICS based firmware on your phone. Also your phone should be rooted one and should have installed the clockworkmod recovery as well.
- You need to backup most of the files on your phone, follow them below to back it up -
Call Log - Call Log and Restore
Songs, Videos & Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down manually via “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”.
- You should enable USB debugging on your phone. To enable USB debugging on your phone follow the path of Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging and you would be able to enable it.
- All the antivirus or the firewall should be disable for certain period of time.
Disclaimer : Neither we nor the developer should be held responsible for this firmware. We have ensured that everything is working fine.
We will now proceed to the rooting instructions.
Install Android 4.0 ZCLP6 Repack on Samsung Galaxy Note
Follow the procedure mentioned here –
- Make sure that you have installed the i9220LP1 ICS based firmware on your phone.
- The next required thing is that your Galaxy Note should have ClockWorkMod Recovery installed on it.
- Download the ZCLP6 firmware file for Galaxy Note.
- Then transfer the downloaded files to the internal SD card and then turn off your phone so that we can boot in ClockWorkMod recovery.
- One can easily enter Samsung Galaxy Note in the recovery mode by pressing the combination of the volume up button power button and the home key altogether at once.
- In the Recovery menu you need to select the option wipe data/factory reset and then select Yes on the next screen and then confirm till the wipe on the data is completed.
- Select Wipe Cache and then select Yes in the next screen to confirm.
- Now select Install zip from SD card and then select choose zip from SdCard. Scroll and navigate to the files located on the root of your sd card.
- Once the installation is completed, you need to select Go back and then select reboot system now to reboot your phone.
You have successfully installed the ZCLP6 Repack on your Samsung Galaxy Note device with Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich as the base operating system and this what your requirement is. Congratulations! Do let us know if that works or not.