So, Another Galaxy device receiving the Android 2.3.6 Update. Galaxy Pro users can now update their devices to Android 2.3.6 firmware, and due course of this article we’ll be checking out how we can install Android 2.3.6 on your device. The Firmware has been dubbed as the “XXKPB” firmware.
Image Source: DreamBloggers.com
Note: This is an non-official update that has been released by some developer and Samsung isn’t the creator of the ROM. So, the warranty will be voided if you install this firmware, but it can be retained using the STOCK FIRMWARE.
Change Log of the Android 2.3.6 Firmware for Galaxy Pro
- Faster UI with better overall speed,
- Better battery Optimizations,
- Music Player gets a facelift,
- New icon sets introduced,
- Firewall IP Settings have been changed and renewed,
- Cut, Copy Paste features have been induced
Warning for Beginners:
Note: This is an non official update and has to be applied to the Mobile phone using the ODIN Tool. The steps which are included in this guide are very risky and can even brick off your mobile phone. Unless you are aware with Custom ROMS, Firmwares and ODIN, don’t even try these things on your mobile phone.
Pre-Requisites to Install Android 2.3.6 on your Samsung Galaxy Pro
- The instructions are working for Samsung Galaxy Pro, B7510 Originally manufactured.
- Backup all of your SMS Messages using SMS Backup Application.
- Sync all of your Contacts with the Gmail Application.
- Copy all of your notes manually to somewhere else, as if in case your mobile phone gets bricked these notes will be deleted from the mobile phone.
- Take a backup of call logs, APN Settings, and other important things.
- Charge your mobile phone so that it would be having more than 60% battery.
- Now, enable USB Debugging Mode in your mobile phone (Settings > Applications >Development > USB Debugging).
- Samsung Device Drivers installed in your computer.
- Follow all steps carefully in order to get 100% assured success.
Install Android 2.3.6 Firmware on Your Galaxy 551 I5510
Note: We have written each and every step clearly in order to make the update applied successfully but if any wrong step is taken then Neither me nor thedroidnation.com will be held responsible in case your device gets bricked.
- Download Gingerbread 2.3.6 Package from the download link, extract the files inside the zip file.
- Now, Shoot up the ODIN application.
- Turn off your mobile phone and reboot it in download mode (The Download Mode can be entered by pressing Q button along with the Power button together).
- Once, the mobile phone starts in the download mode. Connect it to your computer. As soon as you connect the mobile phone, the ID:COM section will turn yellow in the ODIN window.
- In the ODIN window, click on “OPS” tab and select “BENNETT_v1.0.ops” file and then tick mark the “One Package” option after that click on the “One Package” tab and select “B7510XXKPB_B7510XXKP3_B7510XXOXAKP4_HOME.tar.md5” file.
- Once, you’ve selected all the files as told. Click on “START” button to start the process of flashing and soon your device will be flashed with the Android 2.3.6 ROM.
Congratulations! You’ve successfully flashed Android 2.3.6 Firmware Update on Your Samsung Galaxy Pro!