Samsung Galaxy S Blaze on T-Mobile is a good variant of Samsung Galaxy S smartphone and here comes the pre rooted stock kernel. Here in this article we will go through the procedure on how you can root your Samsung Galaxy S Blaze.
Pre Upgrade Instructions
Make sure that you have gone through the following pre upgrade instructions on your Galaxy S Blaze 4G handset –
- Your phone should be Galaxy S Blaze 4G only and its should be no other model by Samsung or T-Mobile.
- You also to install Clockwork Mod Touch recovery on your phone as well.
- Please make sure that you have a minimum of 70 % battery life left on your phone. This is to ensure that you don’t run out of battery during the upgrade procedure.
- You should enable USB debugging on your phone. To enable USB debugging on your phone follow the path of Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging and you would be able to enable it.
- All the antivirus or the firewall should be disable for certain period of time.
Disclaimer : Neither we nor the developer should be held responsible for this firmware. We have ensured that everything is working fine.
Assuming that you have gone through pre upgrade instructions, its now time to root your phone.
Root T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S Blaze 4G
Follow the below mentioned procedure to root your Galaxy S Blaze 4G smartphone -
- First you need to download the root kernel, PIT file and the Odin flashing tool.
- Extract the Odin file and then install the Odin 1.85 exe file inside from it.
- In the PDA tab select blaze-root-kernel.tar
- In the PIT tab select the blaze.pit
- Make sure that you have select F Reset Time and Auto Reboot in the Option field.
- Now turn of the Galaxy S Blaze 4G as in you can enter into download mode. It can be entered by pressing the Volume up button, Volume down button and the power button all three together. When you see a robot with Downloading written release the buttons and in the option press the Volume Up button to continue. You can make use of the following video for download mode –
- Using the USB Cable connect the phone to the PC and once the connection is done, you will see that ID : COM port turns yellow with the message saying Added. If you don’t get it then retry again.
- When you are ready click on the Start button to flash with the rooted kernel in the Odin tool. After when the flashing is done, your phone will be rebooted automatically. When the rooting is done, you will get the PASS message in the ODIN.
- You can now disconnect the phone and with that you have rooted your phone.
That’s it. Now you have gained the root access on your phone and you are modify files, install apps which requires file permissions changing. Do let us know if that doesn’t work on your phone.