Samsung has become the top among the smart phones, since it has adopted Android for its mobile phones. Samsung seems to be getting updates for it’s old devices too, It wasn’t expected that Android ICS update will come for Samsung Galaxy S. But with no luck, Samsung has launched a non full-fledged version of ICS for their device named Samsung Galaxy S GT-I9000.
Note: This is not a full-fledged version of the Android ICS 4.0.1 Build 10 so there can be many bugs in the new firmware, for those who are waiting to try Android ICS on their Galaxy S can install this firmware at their own risk.
Before Proceeding check out the following highlights of the firmware:
Issues in the new firmware: There are many issues found in the new firmware, so it’s better that you wait for the stable version to be released. Some of the main issues are
- 720p video recording is no more smooth and the camera will no more support the scene modes.
- FM Radio and Face Unlock apps wouldn’t work anymore.
- Phone gets connected to packet data automatically.
How To Install ICS in Galaxy S GT-I9000
Note: Before Proceeding further, make sure that you have rooted your mobile phone. (Check the Rooting Guide here: Rooting Galaxy S)
- Download ICS Android 4.0 Build 10 Package, Google Apps & Face Unlock Feature package. After downloading all of these files, connect your mobile phone to your computer using the Samsung Data cable.
- After doing this, copy all these files to the root of your mobile phone and then disconnect the mobile after the transferring process is completed. Now, Turn off the device to begin the process using recovery mode.
- To enter the recovery mode “Press Volume Key Up + The Menu Key + Power ON Button” the recovery mode will start.
- Using the options provided in the recovery mode. Perform a “Wipe Data/factory reset” and “Wipe Cache Partition” so that it would clear the cache memory of the mobile phone.
- Now, Using the recovery mode window, select the option to “install zip file” then select “choose zip from SD Card” option. After that locate the zip files you’ve downloaded earlier in step one, you’ve to install all the files one-by-one.
- It will take nearly Ten minutes to complete the whole process. So wait, and don’t panic.
- After the installation is complete, repeat the step 4 and then select the “reboot system now” option to boot your mobile phone with the new Android Ice Cream Sandwich OS.
You’ve successfully installed Android Ice Cream Sandwich edition in your mobile phone. Hope everything is working fine for you, if the process didn’t complete successfully then do let us know.