We’ve just posted about the HTC Rezound Custom ROM which has been released today only. As, most of the devices are receiving timely updates for them by the developers, another Custom ROM has been released some developer. Samsung Galaxy S GT-19000B is the 2nd version of Samsung Galaxy S and now you can update your device to Android ICS 4.0.3 Firmware, and due course of this article we’ll be covering up the steps to install Android ICS on your device.
Note: This is an non-official Firmware Update that means it has not been released by Samsung, and has to be applied to the mobile phone using the Recovery Mode. There is no report of the stability of the ROM so try it at your own risk.
The steps which are included in this guide are very risky and can even brick off your mobile phone. Unless you are aware with Custom ROMS, Firmwares and ODIN, don’t even try these things on your mobile phone.
Pre-Requisites to Install ICS 4.0.3 ROM on HTC Rezound
- The instructions are working for Samsung Galaxy S,GT-I9000B Originally manufactured.
- Backup all of your SMS Messages using SMS Backup Application.
- Sync all of your Contacts with the Gmail Application.
- Copy all of your notes manually to somewhere else, as if in case your mobile phone gets bricked these notes will be deleted from the mobile phone.
- Take a backup of call logs, APN Settings, and other important things.
- Charge your mobile phone so that it would be having more than 60% battery.
- Now, enable USB Debugging Mode in your mobile phone (Settings > Applications >Development > USB Debugging).
- Install all the Samsung Device Drivers on your computer.
- Your device should be rooted.
- Follow all steps carefully in order to get 100% assured success.
Install Android ICS 4.0.3 ROM on Galaxy S GT-I9000B
Note: We have written each and every step clearly in order to make the update applied successfully but if any wrong step is taken then Neither me nor thedroidnation.com will be held responsible in case your device gets bricked.
- Make sure that your device is rooted.
- Download the ICS Package to your computer. After this, connect your mobile phone to your computer and transfer the file to the Root of your SD Card.
- Now, enable USB Debugging Mode in your mobile phone (Settings > Applications >Development > USB Debugging). [Already Mentioned in the pre-requisites section, make sure you follow all the steps].
- Now, Turn off your mobile phone and boot it in recovery mode, to boot into recovery mode press and hold Volume UP + OK button + Power Button the device will boot in to the recovery mode itself.
- In the recovery screen, perform these things: Wipe data/factory reset, Wipe cache partition. Now, all the caches are cleared and the factory settings have been restored.
- Now, Select “choose zip from sd card” > “install zip from sd card” and select the file which you had transferred to your device earlier in step 2.
- Now, select “+++++Go Back+++++” and select “reboot system now“.
- Your device will restart with Android ICS 4.0.3 Firmware Installed in it.
You’ve successfully installed Android ICS 4.0.3 Fimrware on your Samsung Galaxy S GT-I9000B.