Samsung laterally announced that it will be releasing a value pack soon for the Samsung Galaxy S, but still the official update has been leaked out and available for the devices, now we can update the Samsung Galaxy S device to the Value Pack.
There are some some new updates on this value pack which has make it not to heat up while playing graphic rich games on it. The mobile phone runs those games now without getting heated up a lot and more great thing is that the battery backup has improved a lot. Now, You can use “face unlock feature” on this mobile phone.
Note: Neither TheDroidNation.com or I will not be responsible if you happen to brick your device during this root process. Please proceed at your own risk.
Quick Pre-Requisites to Update Your Galaxy S to Value Pack
- Backup all of your SMS Messages using SMS Backup Application.
- Sync all of your Contacts with the Gmail Application.
- Copy all of your notes manually to somewhere else, as these would be lost in the firmware upgrade.
- Take a backup of call logs, APN Settings, and other important things.
- Charge your mobile phone so that it would have around 50% battery, and in case you’ve already installed any custom firmware then you would have to clear the caches using the recovery mode.
How to Apply ValuePack Update for Samsung Galaxy S I9000 XXJVU 2.3.6
- Download Value Pack 2.3.6 Package in your computer. After downloading unzip the file and enter “androidadvices.com” as the password.
- After the extraction, you’ll find 5 files inside the zip file.
- From the extracted files, open Odin executable file and turn Off the phone in order to start it in the download mode.
- Now, Start your mobile phone by pressing “Volume Down+ OK Button and power button together“. You mobile phone will start in download mode.
- When, your mobile phone is switched on in the download mode, open the Odin Downloader executable file and your mobile phone will start appearing in the ID:COM section.
- In ODIN Downloader window, click on the tabs and browse the file as listed (PIT – s1_odin_20100512.pit,PDA – CODE_I9000XXJVU_CL851880_REV03_user_low_ship.tar.md5 Phone – MODEM_I9000XXJVU_REV_00_CL1092175.tar.md5 CSC - GT-I9000-CSC-MULTI-OXAJVU.tar.md5)
- Make sure, that Re-Partition option is unchecked.
- Now, Click on Start and the firmware update will start.
- Once, you will click on start the firmware update will start and will get applied.
- Once, you see the home screen of your mobile phone, disconnect and turn of the mobile phone, so that it can enter in the recovery mode.
- In the recovery mode, choose “Wipe data/factory reset” then choose “Wipe Cache Partition“.
- Go to the Advanced menu, and choose “Wipe Dalvik Cache“.
- Once, the process gets finished, Go back and select the option “reboot system now“.
You have successfully updated your Samsung Galaxy S to Android 2.3.6 Value Pack. If there is any problem do tell me in the comments.