Since the ClockWorkMod Recovery has come up, its quite easy for the users to flash with the custom ROMs, hacks and this is the clear advantage to the users. Here comes the procedure on how you can install the latest version of ClockworkMod Touch Recovery on Galaxy S2 Skyrocket smartphones based of AT & T and Rogers. Following articles shows on how easily you can install the latest ClockworkMod Touch recovery on your Galaxy S2 Skyrocket smartphone.
Pre Upgrade Instructions
Make sure that you have gone through the following pre upgrade instructions –
- Make sure that your device Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket is manufactured by Rogers and AT & T as this procedure is not for any other models of Samsung Galaxy S2.
- Make sure that you have a minimum of 70 % battery left on your mobile phone. This is to make sure that you don’t run out of battery.
- Its quite important to back up most of the thing on your phone and make use of the following apps –
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log - Call Log and Restore
Songs, Videos & Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down manually via “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”.
- You should enable USB debugging and follow the path Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging and you would be able to enable it
- Also make sure that you have proper USB drivers installed on your PC.
- Disable all antivirus and firewall on your PC for 15 minutes.
Installing ClockworkMod Touch Recovery on Galaxy S2 Skyrocket
Follow the instructions mentioned here –
- You need to download the Clockwork Mod Recovery files.
- Also you need to download the Odin 1.85 flashing tool.
- Extract the content of the Odin 1.85.zip file to your computer and run the Odin tool.(screenshot is for demo purpose)
- Power off your phone so as you can enter the phone in the download mode. The download mode in Galaxy S2 AT & T model can be done by Volume up button and the volume down button together on the phone. For Rogers i727R smartphone hold the volume down and plug the USB Cable and then press the volume up button. Once so see the download mode, release the buttons.
- Among the various options in the Odin tool you need to select the F Reset Time and Auto Reboot.
- Now in the PDA tab you need to select the file that you have downloaded earlier in step 1.
- Now hit the start button to begin the procedure of the flashing with CWM recovery. When flashing is done, your phone will automatically reboot and with that you have successfully installed ClockWorkMod Touch recovery on your phone.
With that procedure above, you have installed ClockWorkMod Recovery on your phone.