The MIUI 4 based firmware for T Mobile based Galaxy S2 SGH T989 brings the love of Ice Cream Sandwich Android 4.0 on your mobile phone. This ROM will also bring the WeUI feature which allows you to customize things before going with the firmware in the recovery.
In this article we will show you on how you can install the MIUI 4 firmware on your T-Mobile based Samsung Galaxy S 2 Smartphone.
Pre Upgrade Instructions
The following below mentioned are the pre upgrade instructions –
- The primary requirement is that your T Mobile Galaxy S2 smartphone should have the clockworkmod touch recovery installed on it. Follow any guide and make sure that you have installed it.
- Your phone should be Galaxy S 2 Skyrocket by T Mobile only and its should be no other model by Samsung or T Mobile.
- Please make sure that you have a minimum of 70 % battery life left on your phone. This is to ensure that you don’t run out of battery during the upgrade procedure.
- You need to backup your existing ROM but we will be doing it with the ClockworkMod Recovery which is explained in the procedure below.
- You should enable USB debugging on your phone. To enable USB debugging on your phone follow the path of Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging and you would be able to enable it.
- All the antivirus or the firewall should be disable for certain period of time.
Disclaimer : Neither we nor the developer should be held responsible for this firmware. We have ensured that everything is working fine.
Assuming that you have gone through pre upgrade instructions, its now time to install the lovely MIUI ROM on your phone.
Install MIUI 4 on T Mobile Galaxy S2 Smartphones
Follow the instructions below carefully –
- Download the MIUI Galaxy S2 firmware.
- Now connect your phone using the USB cable and then transfer the MIUI firmware downloaded earlier it to the internal SD card of your phone.
- Turn your phone off and then boot it in the recovery mode. To do that you need to press and hold volume up, volume down and the power button. The phone will boot in the clockworkmod recovery. You can make use of the volume rockers keys for navigation and the power button to select a highlighted option.
- Once you are in the Clockworkmod recovery then first step you should do is to perform a Nandroid Backup of your existing ROM as if anything happens to your phone or ROM doesn’t work then you can restore the same backup. Once the backup is done, go back to the recovery menu.
- Now you need to wipe out the existing ROM on your phone, to do that you need to select wipe data/factory reset and then Yes in the next screen to confirm. Also go to Advance in the recovery menu, then select wipe dalvik cache and then select wipe dalvik. Then finally go back to the main recovery menu.
- Now you need to select the option install zip from sdcard, then select choose zip from sd card. Navigate to the ROM file on your sd card and select it. Confirm your action and your phone would be flashed with the new ROM.
- The WeUI installation menu will show up in some time and then it’s the work to follow up the on screen instructions mentioned there.
With that you have installed MIUI 4 firmware on your phone up and running fine on your Galaxy S2 based of T-Mobile. Let us know how you feel about this application.