The Android 4.0.4 is the recently launched Android version of the Android Ice Cream Sandwich. The developers are so quick that they have come with an custom ROM for Samsung Galaxy S II smartphone based on the Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich operating system which provides performance and the stability improvements.
In this article we will go through the procedure on how you can install the Android 4.0.4 based F1 GalaxyNexus ROM on your Samsung Galaxy S II smartphone. You should understand that the custom ROM might come with some functions not working on your phone but this ROM is stable one.
Pre Upgrade Instructions
The following below mentioned are the pre upgrade instructions –
- The primary requirement is that your Samsung Galaxy S2 smartphone should have the ClockWorkMod touch recovery installed on it. Follow any guide and make sure that you have installed it.
- Please make sure that you have a minimum of 70 % battery life left on your phone. This is to ensure that you don’t run out of battery during the upgrade procedure.
- You need to backup your existing ROM but we will be doing it with the ClockworkMod Recovery which is explained in the procedure below.
- You should enable USB debugging on your phone. To enable USB debugging on your phone follow the path of Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging and you would be able to enable it.
- All the antivirus or the firewall should be disable for certain period of time.
Disclaimer : Neither we nor the developer should be held responsible for this firmware. We have ensured that everything is working fine.
We will now proceed to the installation on the GalaxyNexus ROM on Samsung Galaxy S II.
Installing F1 GalaxyNexus ROM on Samsung Galaxy S II
Follow the instructions mentioned below carefully –
- First and the foremost thing is to download the F1Galaxy Nexus ROM Package.
- Also download the Google Apps Package to install Android Market and other Google services.
- Once both the files which are mentioned above are downloaded, you need to transfer them to the root of your SD card on your phone.
- Now turn off your phone and boot it in ClockWorkMod Recovery. To do that you need to click on the three buttons combination of Volume up, Home and the power button together for some time. In the recovery menu to scroll up and down in the selection make use of the volume up and down keys and to select an option you need to press the power button.
- First you need to perform the backup of the existing ROM on your phone, so called Nandroid backup which is an optional step. To backup you need to select “Backup and Restore”, select Backup and when it’s done go back to the recovery menu.
- Now select Wipe Cache/Factory reset and then select Yes on the next screen to confirm and wait a while till the data wipes out completely.
- Now select Install zip from SD card and then select Choose ZIP from SDcard, navigate to the sd card where the files are located.
- The ROM will be flashed on your phone, when it does select “++++ Go Back ++++” to return to the main recovery menu.
- Now repeat the procedure of “Install zip from SD card”, choose “Choose zip from Sd card” to select the Google Apps package.
- After when the installation is done, you need to select Go Back options and then select reboot system now to reboot your phone.
With that you have now installed the F1 GalaxyNexus on your Samsung Galaxy S II smartphone and congratulations for that. Do lets us know about your thoughts on the new ROM on your phone.