The MIUI custom firmware’s are famous enough like the CyanogenMod team and then come every while or then. The MIUI ROMs are famous enough with unique user interface has now become famous. The Asnet MIUI 4 is the new MIUI ROM is the new custom ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S2 based on the Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0.3.
Let’s go through the procedure on how you can install the Asnet MIUI 4 on your Samsung Galaxy S2 GT I9100. This update is for the users who have already using the Android 4.0.3 XXLPQ firmware. But before we walk through the upgrade instructions follow the pre upgrade instructions.
Pre Upgrade Instructions
Follow the below mentioned pre upgrade instructions -
- Please make sure that your handset is Samsung Galaxy S II only and not other variant of Galaxy S II.
- Please make sure that you have a minimum of 70 % battery life left on your phone. This is to ensure that you don’t run out of battery during the upgrade procedure.
- You need to backup your existing ROM but we will be doing it with the ClockworkMod Recovery which is explained in the procedure below.
- You should enable USB debugging on your phone. To enable USB debugging on your phone follow the path of Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging and you would be able to enable it.
- All the antivirus or the firewall should be disable for certain period of time.
Disclaimer : Neither we nor the developer should be held responsible for this firmware. We have ensured that everything is working fine.
We will now proceed to the rooting instructions.
Install Asnet MIUI 4 on Samsung Galaxy S2
Follow the procedure mentioned below –
- First you need to Install the stock Android 4.0.3 XXLPQ firmware on your phone. Follow the guide here.
- Root the phone and install the ClockWorkMod recovery on XXLPQ by any guide.
- Download the latest version of the ROM firmware.
- Transfer the downloaded zip file from the above steps to the internal SD card on the phone.
- Turn off the phone and boot in the Clockworkmod recovery. You can enter your Samsung Galaxy S2 smartphone using the 3 buttons together which are Volume up, Home and the power button. Once the phone boots in the CWM mode, press the volume keys to scroll up and down in the various options and then press the power button to select an highlighted option.
- You can restore the existing ROM by selecting the Option Nandroid Backup among the various listed options in the recovery. This step is compulsory options.
- To perform a backup select Backup and Restore and next screen select Backup. Once that is done return back to the recovery menu.
- Select Wipe Data/Factory Reset and then select Yes on the next screen to confirm. Wait until the data has to be Wipe Out.
- Select install zip from sdcard and then select choose zip from sd card. Scroll the ROM file on the sd card and select it. Confirm the installation and the ROM will start installing.
- After the ROM finishes select Go Back and then select reboot system now to reboot the phone with the new MIUI firmware.
Congratulations now you have installed the Asnet MIUI 4 ROM on your Galaxy S2.