It’s time now to update to the Samsung Galaxy S II GT I 9100G to enjoy the freedom with the Cyanogen Mod 9 firmware. In this due course of article we would go through the procedure on how you can update with the Cyanogen Mod 9 firmware.
Pre Upgrade Instructions
Make sure that you have gone through the following pre upgrade instructions before updating to the latest firmware.
- Make sure that this update is only for the users who own Samsung Galaxy S 2 GT I9100G smartphone but not any other version.
- Please make sure that you are on the Android stock version.
- Please make sure that you have more than 60 % battery life left on your phone.
- Make sure that you need to have USB Debugging installed on your Galaxy S Plus phone. Follow the path Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging” and you should tick the USB debugging option.
Disclaimer : Since this is a custom ROM, users should understand that they are proceeding with this update on their own risk. Neither developer nor we would be held responsible.
Galaxy S II GT I9100G with Latest Cyanogen Mod 9 Upgrade Procedure
Follow the instructions mentioned below –
- Download the Clock Work Mod Recovery 220.127.116.11 and Heimdall Suite package to your computer.
- Once the files are downloaded you need to turn off your device and so that you can enter it in download mode.
- One can easily enter the Galaxy S II smartphone GT I 9100G by following the key combination of volume down key, OK button and holding them continuously then press the Power button.
- Up next you need to run the “Zadig.exe” in the driver folder of the heimdall suite and from the drop down menu you need to select Samsung USB Composite Device and Gadget Serial.
- Now heimdall can be used safely on your computer. Untar codeworkx’ kernel into the Heimdall directory and in your command prompt enters heimdall flash –kernel zImage.
- Once you enter you will get a blue transfer bar which means that the kernel is been transfer the device will reboot automatically.
- With that Clock Work Mod Recovery has been successfully installed on your Samsung Galaxy S II GT I9100G.
- Also download the Google Apps and Cyanogen Mod 9 firmware package to your computer. Once those files are downloaded you need to connect your phone and place those two zip files into your drive.
- Disconnect the phone so that you can enter it in recovery mode.
- Once can easily enter Galaxy S 2 GT I9100G in recovery mode by pressing the key combination of the volume up button, home key and then you need to press the power button.
- Once you are in the recovery mode you need to select the option “Wipe Data/factory reset” & Wipe Cache Partition and then clear the cache.
- In the recovery menu select “install zip from sd card” > “choose zip from sd card” and then select Cyanogen Mod 9 Firmware update package and then the Google Apps Package.
- Now once that is over, select ‘++++Go Back ++++’ to return to the main menu and then select Reboot system now. Galaxy S2 now would be booted in to the Cyanogen Mod.
With that you have successfully installed the Cyanogen Mod 9 firmware on your device.