Samsung Galaxy S III designed for humans who have gone through the Cyanogen Mod 9 firmware on their phone, they can easily install the AOKP custom firmware on their phone. We know that AOKP was released for various Galaxy phones like Galaxy S, S II and it comes with very high features which we gonna list it out here in this article along with the procedure on how to upgrade as well.
Pre Custom ROM Installation Process
Follow the instructions mentioned here –
- Make sure that your device is only Samsung Galaxy S III GT I9300 and not other variant of it. You can check for the phone version by going through Settings > About Phone.
- Charge your Galaxy S III to minimum of 70 % charging and then proceed with the update.
- Please make sure that you have installed the Clock Work Mod Recovery Image on your Galaxy S III smartphone. Also your phone should be rooted as well to install CWM and this firmware.
- Please make sure that you enable USB debugging on your phone. Go to Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging and check the same.
- Also make sure that you have taken backup of the various required things.
Features & Enhancements Included
This AOKP firmware on Galaxy S III comes with the following features –
- CM Launcher/ Power Menu
- CM Brightness slider
- Clock Color/Location: Right, Center, Disable
- Battery Bar in Status Bar or Nav Bar, Bar Thickness, Charging animation
- Nav Bar Button Glow Duration: Off, Fast, Slow
- Nav Bar: Long press to Search button
- Toggles in Pull Down Menu: Auto rotate, Bluetooth, GPS, Wi-Fi, Airplane mode, Vibrate, Silent, Sync, Data, 4G, Tethering, Torch, Brightness
- LCD Density (Careful with this)
- Lock screen Horizontal Option
- Performance Menu: (Use With Caution) Max/ Min CPU, Scaling Governor
- Volume Key to Wake Screen and Volume Key to Skip Tracks
- Long-press back button to kill process
- LED pulse settings (time on/off)
- Power Menu options: Boot to recovery/ Boot loader, Reboot, Screenshot
- Facebook contact sync integration (must wipe to get this)
- Keyboard: Volume keys act as a cursor while typing — disable in keyboard options
Update Procedure to AOKP Firmware on Galaxy S III GT I9300
- First and the important thing keep AOKP Custom FIRMWARE package and Google Apps Package for download on to your PC.
- Once you have downloaded those, you need to connect your phone using the USB Cable to the PC in order to transfer the downloaded content to your mobile phone internal memory.
- Once that is done you need to power off your S III phone so that you can enter it to Clock Work Mod Recovery.
- Once can easily enter Samsung Galaxy S III GT I9300 in recovery mode by pressing the key combination of Volume UP, Center button and holding the power button as well.
- In the recovery mode you need to perform the action of “Wipe data/factory reset” and Wipe Cache partition. Once that is done, Go back and select reboot system now option. Use Volume rocker keys to move up and down the selection and power button to select.
- Now again boot the phone in the recovery mode and among the options select “install zip from sd card” and then “choose zip from sd card”, select AOKP firmware and let it update.
- Once that is done, you need to repeat the procedure for Google Apps package as well.
- Once that is also done, you need to hit “reboot system now” option.
Do let us know what do you feel about AOKP firmware on your phone.