With Samsung announcing that it will provide the Samsung Galaxy S, S Plus and other variant of S model with the value pack update and no Ice Cream Sandwich update to it, we have upgraded your device with the latest value pack based on the Android 2.3.6 firmware earlier with detailed instructions and here we will proceed to root the same device with the stock recovery.
Please make sure that this for only those who has stock ROM installed on their devices but not any one who have tried upgrading with the custom firmwares. Guys who have flashed with a custom ROM on their device this guide is not for them.
Pre Upgrade Instructions
Make sure that you have gone through the following pre upgrade instructions before updating to the latest firmware.
- Make sure that this update is only for the users who own Samsung Galaxy S Plus GT I9001 smartphone but not any other version.
- Please make sure that you are on the Android stock version.
- Please make sure that you have more than 60 % battery life left on your phone.
- Make sure that you need to have USB Debugging installed on your Galaxy S Plus phone. Follow the path Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging” and you should tick the USB debugging option.
Disclaimer : Since this is a custom ROM, users should understand that they are proceeding with this update on their own risk. Neither developer nor we would be held responsible.
Root Galaxy S Plus with Stock Recovery
Follow the instructions mentioned here carefully -
- First download the root package for Galaxy S Plus on your mobile phone.
- Connect your phone using the USB cable to the PC and then transfer the downloaded files as it is on the root of your SD card.
- Once that is done, you need to switch off your handset and then boot your device in the stock recovery. To do this you need to press the volume up button, power button and the home key together for a while and you will see the Samsung logo. Release the buttons as you see that.
- In the recovery menu to make selection use power button and to scroll up and down in the selection use volume up and down keys.
- Now select Install Zip from SD card and then select the zip file which you have downloaded earlier.
- Once that is applied, you need to come back and then select reboot system now to reboot your phone.
- Your phone would be rooted now.
So with that you have successfully rooted your Samsung Galaxy S Plus handset.