Samsung Galaxy S has been a super hit model and there are so many firmware custom and official ones available for this device. Its upgrade version as the Galaxy S Plus GT I9001 didn’t grab much attention. But today we got the hang of the official value pack XXKQI version based Gingerbread 2.3.6 firmware.
Galaxy S Plus GT I9001 will not receive the Android 4.1 Jelly Bean update and its official but by custom firmware you will surely get this update if available.
Here in this guide we through the process on how you can update your S Plus with the XXKQI firmware based official Gingerbread update.
Pre Upgrade Instructions
Please make sure that you go through this pre upgrade instructions –
- Please make sure that your phone is Samsung Galaxy S Plus GT I9001 and not any other model.
- Also you should ensure that your phone is charged up to 50 % of the overall battery life. This is to ensure that your phone doesn’t turn off during the process of the firmware update.
- Please make sure that you have enabled the USB debugging on your smart phone. To do that you need to head to Settings > Applications > Development and then select USB debugging”.
- Make sure that you have selected the Samsung KIES mode in Galaxy S Plus. You can do it by going through “Settings > Wireless & Network > USB Settings > Samsung KIES”.
- You should take the back up of existing application on your mobile phone and you can make use of –
Also users should understand that this is an official release by Samsung, so don’t worry of anything.
Procedure to Update
Make sure that you follow the below procedure correctly –
- First of all you should download the Gingerbread XXKQI 2.3.6 Firmware and the Odin v4.43 on to your PC or laptop. Once downloaded you need to extract the same on to your computer.
- Open the Odin v4.43 and install it on your computer. Once installed keep the tool open.
- Connect your phone using the USB cable to the PC and then transfer the downloaded files to the root of your SD card. Not turn off the phone after disconnecting the USB cable.
- One can easily enter Samsung Galaxy S Plus in download mode by pressing the volume down key, center button and holding them but you need to press the power button.
- UP next is to connect your phone using the USB cable to the PC. As soon as you connect, the ID:COM port turns yellow which means drivers are successfully installed on your computer to successfully.
- Now click on the OPS tab and select the “AriesVE.ops”, click on the “PDA” tab and then select the “I9001XXKQI_I9001XXKPM_I9001OXFKQ3_HOME.tar.md5”. Once that is done you need to hit the option of “Star”.
- It will take maximum of 5 minutes for the updates to be applied.
- Once the updates are downloaded and applied your phone will be restarted and you will be started with language selection on your phone.
- Turn off your phone so that you can enter it in recovery mode. One can easily enter in recovery mode by pressing the volume down key, center button and holding them but you need to press the power button.
- In the recovery mode “Wipe data/factory reset” and also select Wipe Cache partition and then reboot your device by selecting reboot system now. This option is to clear all the cache data present on your device and to ensure that you don’t get any more of those force close errors.
Now to check for the version on your mobile phone you need to visit the Settings > About Phone and then see the Android version, baseband version. Do let us know if you face any issues.