Who Says Samsung Galaxy S is an old age device, never say ever that device will keep on living forever. The Latest attempt to port the HTC Sense UI on the Samsung Galaxy S was successfully and you can too install the same on your device by reading the guide written by us. No developer has been able to port the HTC Sense UI on the Galaxy S but it has been done finally. Thanks to the XDA developer named “QuBe2“. The ROM is based on Android 2.3 and Sense UI 2.3, although they’re old but no one can complain because it has been finally done and we can expect more to be created in the coming time.
Read on to know more about the way to flash the HTC Sense UI Based ROM on Samsung Galaxy S.
Note: This is an non-official update that has been released by some developer and the official company isn’t the creator of the ROM, there can be a few bugs on the ROM as it hasn’t been released by the company. Warranty of the mobile phone will be voided upon the flashing of the ROM, but it can be retained using the STOCK FIRMWARE.
Warning for Beginners:
Note: This is an non official update and has to be applied to the Mobile phone using the Recovery Tool. The steps which are included in this guide are very risky and can even brick off your mobile phone. Unless you are aware with Custom ROMS, Firmwares and ODIN, don’t even try these things on your mobile phone.
Known issues and bugs on the ROM
Quoted from the developer thread at XDA developers forum.
- Data (shows HSDPA icon but doesn’t work)
- When pattern lock is enabled it shows charging even if the phone isn’t charging
- Camera (Front & Back)
Pre-Requisites to Install HTC Sense ROM on Galaxy S
- The instructions are working for Samsung Galaxy S, Originally manufactured.
- Backup all of your SMS Messages using SMS Backup Application.
- Sync all of your Contacts with the Gmail Application.
- Copy all of your notes manually to somewhere else, as if in case your mobile phone gets bricked these notes will be deleted from the mobile phone.
- Take a backup of call logs, APN Settings, and other important things.
- Charge your mobile phone so that it would be having more than 60% battery.
- Now, enable USB Debugging Mode in your mobile phone (Settings > Applications >Development > USB Debugging).
- Samsung Device Drivers installed in your computer.
- Follow all steps carefully in order to get 100% assured success.
How to Install HTC Sense ROM on Galaxy S
Disclaimer: We have written each and every step clearly in order to make the update applied successfully but if any wrong step is taken then your device can brick, remember Neither me nor thedroidnation.com is held responsible in case your device gets bricked.
- Install XXJVU Firmware on your device, skip if you’re already running it.
- Root and Install CWM Recovery using this Guide.
- Download the HTC Sense ROM.
- Transfer the file to the root of your SD Card.
- Turn off the mobile phone and boot into CWM Recovery, To do so press and hold Volume UP + HOME + Power Button.
- Select “wipe data/factory reset” then select “YES” to confirm the same.
- Now select “Install zip from sdcard” >>> “choose zip from sdcard“, now select both the file which you had transferred earlier on the device.
- Wait for the installation of the ROM, it would take around 10-15 Minutes.
- After the completion “Go Back” and “reboot system now“.
That’s it, you’ve successfully installed the HTC Sense ROM on your Samsung Galaxy S.