Samsung Galaxy S devices has received the most custom ROMs ever than any devices. Here comes another ROM for Galaxy S II and it’s the Gamerz firmware. Over this article we will show you the procedure on how you can install the most stable Gamerz ROM firmware on your Galaxy S GT I 9000 device.
Before going through the update procedure please follow the below mentioned pre upgrade instructions.
Pre Upgrade Instructions
Make sure that you have gone through the following pre upgrade instructions before updating to the latest firmware.
- Make sure that this update is only for the users who own Samsung Galaxy S GT I9000 smartphone but not any other like Galaxy GT 9000b or Galaxy S GT I9000i.
- Please make sure that you have more than 60 % battery life left on your phone.
- Make sure that your phone is rooted as you are installing the custom ROM.
- You need to take the backup of all the data on your phone as this would be lost after this firmware upgrade and so you can make use of the following applications –
Call Log - Call Log and Restore
Songs, Videos & Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down manually via “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”.
- Make sure that your phone has atleast 60 % battery left on your mobile phone.
- Make sure that you need to have USB Debugging installed on your Galaxy S phone. Follow the path Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging” and you should tick the USB debugging option.
- Irrespective of the firmware which you are ON, you need to ensure you have rooted with the earlier version that you have.
Disclaimer : Since this is a custom ROM, users should understand that they are proceeding with this update on their own risk. Neither developer nor we would be held responsible.
Gamerz Custom ROM v10 on Samsung Galaxy S Procedure
Follow the instructions mentioned below carefully –
- Download the Gamerz ROM custom firmware on your computer.
- Connect your phone to the computer using the USB Cable and then move the download file to the root of your SD Card.
- Now turn off your phone so that you can enter it in recovery mode. Recovery mode on your phone can be entered using the Volume Up key + Ok button and holding both you need to press the Power button.You can make use of the following video for recovery mode –
- In the recovery mode you need to select the option of “Wipe data /factory reset”, select “Wipe Cache Partition” to clear the cache.
- Now select the option of “Install zip from SD card” followed by “choose zip from SD card” in the next option and then select the Gamerz download zip file. It will take not more than five minutes to go with updates. You need to select “++++Go Back++++” and select “reboot system now” to reboot your device.
- To check out for the firmware on your phone, you can do it by going through Menu > Settings and selecting About phone option.
Congratulations that you have installed the latest version of the Gamerz ROM on your Samsung Galaxy S smartphone. Do check out the other firmware for Samsung Galaxy S on our blog.