After a low awaits, its good feeling that you have installed value pack on your Samsung Galaxy S GT I9000 smartphone. If you haven’t update your phone with the new value pack, then please go through the firmware upgrade of Galaxy S to XXJW4. In this article we will go on through the procedure on how you can root Galaxy S GT I9000 mobile phone with the value pack based XXJW4 firmware.
Pre Upgrade Instructions
Make sure you go through the following pre upgrade instructions -
- Note that you proceed with this phone with your model number as Galaxy GT I9000 and other variant like as that of Galaxy S GT I9000i or Galaxy S Aviator.
- Please ensure that your phone is on the XXJW4 2.3.6 Firmware and if you are not sure of the Android version on your phone go through Settings > About Phone > Firmware Version, this will clear your doubts.
- Please make sure that you have a minimum of 70 % battery life left on your phone. This is to ensure that you have sufficient battery during the process of the rooting.
- It’s quite important to backup most of the things on your phone. Make use of the following utilities –
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log - Call Log and Restore
Songs, Videos & Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down manually via “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”.
- You should enable USB debugging on your phone. To enable USB debugging on your phone follow the path of Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging and you would be able to enable it.
- All the antivirus or the firewall should be disable for certain period of time. Also close Samsung KIES as well.
Disclaimer : Neither we or the developer of this ROM should be held responsible if anything happens to your mobile phone if you proceed with this firmware upgrade. We have ensured that everything should go fine with update.
Assuming that you have followed the pre requisites we will go through rooting instructions.
Root Galaxy S Based on Value Pack XXJW4 Firmware
Please make sure that you go through the following procedure correctly -
- First you need to download the rooting package for XXJW4 Galaxy S.
- Extract the downloaded files on your PC.
- From the extract files you need to open and install the Odin3 firmware update tool.
- Now you need to power off your phone and get it in download mode. You can get it by selecting the three keys of Volume down key, center button and holding the power button. You will see the green robot on your phone, release the buttons. Make use of the following video –
- Connect your phone using the USB cable to the PC. You will see that ID : COM section turns yellow which means the phone is ready for the update and everything is going fine till now.
- You need to select F Reset Time and Auto Reboot among the options mentioned there.
- From the PDa tab you need to select the XXJW4_Root_AA files. Once they are done you need to hit the Start option.
- Once the rooting on your phone is done, you need to remove and reconnect your phone with the pc.
- From the extract files in step 1 and 2, you need to click on ‘RUNME’ after which you will get the following screen. Press any key to continue and this will push the super user access on your phone.
- This end the process of rooting on your phone.
Congrats that you have now gained root access on your Galaxy S smartphone. Do let us know how you feel about the new value pack on Galaxy S smartphone.