Samsung Galaxy S is receiving daily Android ICS being a old device the developers are not stopping out. No one cares about Samsung, whether they release a new update for the device or not, XDA Devs are always there who are doing wonders. The amazing XDA Member named “BhuvanGoyal” from Jaipur, India has released the AOKP ROM for Samsung Galaxy S. The ROM is AOKP Based that is no TouchWiz, glitch kernel v14, the device is already rooted, great battery life for sure.
Note: This is an non-official update that has been released by some developer and Samsung isn’t the creator of the ROM. So, the warranty will be voided if you install this firmware, but it can be retained using the STOCK FIRMWARE.
Warning for Beginners:
Note: This is an non official update and has to be applied to the Mobile phone using the recovery mode. The steps which are included in this guide are very risky and can even brick off your mobile phone. Unless you are aware with Custom ROMS, Firmwares and ODIN, don’t even try these things on your mobile phone.
Pre-Requisites to Install Android ICS AOKP 4.0.3 ROM on Galaxy S
- The instructions are working for Samsung Galaxy S, Originally manufactured.
- Backup all of your SMS Messages using SMS Backup Application.
- Sync all of your Contacts with the Gmail Application.
- Copy all of your notes manually to somewhere else, as if in case your mobile phone gets bricked these notes will be deleted from the mobile phone.
- Take a backup of call logs, APN Settings, and other important things.
- Charge your mobile phone so that it would be having more than 60% battery.
- Now, enable USB Debugging Mode in your mobile phone (Settings > Applications >Development > USB Debugging).
- Samsung Device Drivers installed in your computer.
- Follow all steps carefully in order to get 100% assured success.
How to Install AOKP Android ICS 4.0.3 ROM on Galaxy S
Note: We have written each and every step clearly in order to make the update applied successfully but if any wrong step is taken then Neither me nor thedroidnation.com will be held responsible in case your device gets bricked.
- Your Samsung Galaxy S should be rooted and CWM Recovery should be installed.
- Download the AOKP ROM on your computer, and Transfer the downloaded file to the Root of your SD Card.
- Turn off your mobile phone. So that it can be started in the CWM Recovery mode. To access CWM Recovery Press and Hold Volume UP + Home + Power until the mobile phone starts up.
- Now, Perform a full wipe, select “Wipe data/factory reset” and confirm by selecting “Yes“. Select “Wipe Cache Partition” and confirm by selecting “yes“.
- Now, Go back again and select “Advanced” choose “Wipe dalvik cache“, Now Select Yes.
- Select “install zip from sdcard” > “choose zip from sdcard“. Select the file which we had transferred earlier on the device.
- Confirm the installation by selecting Yes. Now, Go Back and select “reboot system now“.
That’s it, You’ve successfully installed Android ICS 4.0.3 AOKP ROM on your device.