Enhancements in Custom ROM named Litening Firmware:
- The basic thing every one look at is battery backup. The earlier Samsung Galaxy S2 GT I9100 also faced issues with lesser battery life, but as of now with this custom ROM update the battery backup issue is partially solved. The backup team of this update ensures that up on medium usage your phone will give a battery back up of almost 24 hours.
- As per the developers claim, this update will make your phone to work with Lightening speed. This makes the sense as this firmware uses the device’s hardware perfectly thus ensuring you the best experience of light speed on your Samsung Galaxy S2 GT I9100 Smart phone.
- This latest version of Custom ROM had fixed the issues of its predecessors. The previous versions of Lightening ROM had issues with stability and force close errors, but as of now, custom ROM has fixed all of these.
- This update comes with new user interface with blue theme in the background and this varies from the current user interface which uses green theme (native theme of Gingerbread). It also has the capability to flash the custom themes, so that they can be applied to the phone directly.
- The enhancements also includes some more features like Video Gtalk, better battery backup, CRT screen animation etc. These enhancements really make sense to the users and ensure the better performance of your Samsung Galaxy S2 GT I9100.
Instructions to be followed before updating to custom ROM:
- The first and most important thing to do this backup data and this is because we will lose all the data on the phone after the updating the firmware. Follow the below instructions to store data.
Store all your songs, pictures, videos in external SD Card.
Store the messages using SMS backup restore.
Store the contacts using Gmail.
- Generally after the firmware update we can not access the internet and for this to be resolved you have to note APN settings. Also make sure you have noted MMS settings as this is responsible for sending MMS messages. These settings can be noted from the below path on your Android device: “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- Another important thing to consider is battery charge. Ensure that your device have more than 90 % battery charge while updating to this firmware. This is because; if you charge your battery to higher while updating then your battery life will be better after the firmware update.
- Make sure that your USB debugging Mode is turned ON and this can also be done using Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging.
- In order to avoid the damage to your device, ensure that you clear the cache and all the data on your phone. This can be done by entering into the recovery mode. In the next page we will see the procedure to this firmware update.