So, when two ROMs are fused to make one then only an Epic ROM is created. Such ROM has now been created for the Samsung Galaxy S2, the ROM is created by mixing up two great ROMs (Mixture of CM9 and the AOKP ROM). The ROM has been created by using the Source of CyanogenMod 9 and the customization and cool looking mods that are found in AOKP ROM.
Read on to know more about the way to flash the Android ICS 4.0.3 ROM on Samsung Galaxy S2 Android Mobile Phone.
Note: This is an non-official update that has been released by some developer and the official company isn’t the creator of the ROM, there can be a few bugs on the ROM as it hasn’t been released by the company. Warranty of the mobile phone will be voided upon the flashing of the ROM, but it can be retained using the STOCK FIRMWARE.
Information about the ROM
The ROM has been created by the XDA Dev named “Paradoxxx“.
- Storage: MTP File Transfer partially broken (USB Sharing)
- Storage: Media Scanner makes CPU going crazy, device gets hot, battery goes down
- Camera: video recording doesn’t store recorded videos
- Camera: crashes when using face effects
- FM Radio: not implemented
- TV Out: not working yet
Warning for Beginners:
Note: This is an non official update and has to be applied to the Mobile phone using the Recovery Tool. The steps which are included in this guide are very risky and can even brick off your mobile phone. Unless you are aware with Custom ROMS, Firmwares and ODIN, don’t even try these things on your mobile phone.
Pre-Requisites to Install HyDrOG3NICS ROM on Galaxy S2
- The instructions are working for Samsung Galaxy S2, Originally manufactured.
- Backup all of your SMS Messages using SMS Backup Application.
- Sync all of your Contacts with the Gmail Application.
- Copy all of your notes manually to somewhere else, as if in case your mobile phone gets bricked these notes will be deleted from the mobile phone.
- Take a backup of call logs, APN Settings, and other important things.
- Charge your mobile phone so that it would be having more than 60% battery.
- Now, enable USB Debugging Mode in your mobile phone (Settings > Applications >Development > USB Debugging).
- Samsung Device Drivers installed in your computer.
- Rooted device with CWM Recovery installed.
- Follow all steps carefully in order to get 100% assured success.
How to Install HyDrOG3NICS ROM on Galaxy S2
Disclaimer: We have written each and every step clearly in order to make the update applied successfully but if any wrong step is taken then your device can brick, remember Neither me nor thedroidnation.com is held responsible in case your device gets bricked. Proceed at your own risk, and always make sure that you’ve checked all essential pre-requisites.
- Download the latest ROM from the official development thread at XDA.
- Transfer the file to the root of your SD Card. Now, Turn off the device and reboot into CWM Recovery, to do so press and hold Volume UP + Home + Power.
- Now, Perform a wipe on your device. Now, Select “wipe data/factory reset” then select “YES” to confirm the same. Go to Advanced and select “wipe dalvik cache” select “Yes” again to confirm. Now, head to “mounts and storage” then select “format system” and confirm.
- Now select “Install zip from sdcard” >>> “choose zip from sdcard“, now select the file which you had transferred earlier on the device.
- After the completion “Go Back” and “reboot system now“.
That’s it you’ve installed the Android ICS Based ROM on Samsung Galaxy S2.