We all know that Ice Cream Sandwich UI looks great, Samsung Galaxy S2 has already received many updates and leaked firmware updates, so far the best ROM is the XXLPB one. The RebelROM is extremely light ROM based on the Android 2.3 Gingerbread but has an amazing look of the Android ICS ROM. The RebelROM is a themed ROM of ICS for the Galaxy S2 device.
Note: This is a Themed ROM for Galaxy S2, i.e. This firmware version will remain as 2.3.4 but the device will get the Android ICS 4.0.3 Look.
Features of the RebelROM
- Beautiful ICS theme.
- Extremely light ROM, only 136 MB in size.
- A bunch of tweaks for improved performance.
- ICS themed Xperia Launcher.
- Latest Siyah kernel.
Note: This is an non-official update that has been released by some developer and Samsung isn’t the creator of the ROM. So, the warranty will be voided if you install this firmware, but it can be retained using the STOCK FIRMWARE.
Warning for Beginners:
Note: This is an non official update and has to be applied to the Mobile phone using the recovery mode. The steps which are included in this guide are very risky and can even brick off your mobile phone. Unless you are aware with Custom ROMS, Firmwares and ODIN, don’t even try these things on your mobile phone.
Pre-Requisites to Install RebelROM on Galaxy S2
- The instructions are working for Samsung Galaxy S2, Originally manufactured.
- Backup all of your SMS Messages using SMS Backup Application.
- Sync all of your Contacts with the Gmail Application.
- Copy all of your notes manually to somewhere else, as if in case your mobile phone gets bricked these notes will be deleted from the mobile phone.
- Take a backup of call logs, APN Settings, and other important things.
- Charge your mobile phone so that it would be having more than 60% battery.
- Now, enable USB Debugging Mode in your mobile phone (Settings > Applications >Development > USB Debugging).
- Samsung Device Drivers installed in your computer.
- Follow all steps carefully in order to get 100% assured success.
How to Install RebelROM on Galaxy S2
Note: We have written each and every step clearly in order to make the update applied successfully but if any wrong step is taken then Neither me nor thedroidnation.com will be held responsible in case your device gets bricked.
- Make sure that your device is running the XXKH3 Firmware & Rooted as well.
- Now, Download the RebelROM and transfer the downloaded archive to the root of your SD Card.
- Turn off your mobile phone. So that it can be started in the Recovery mode. To access Recovery Press and Hold Volume UP + Home + Power until the mobile phone starts up.
- Now, Perform a full wipe, select “Wipe data/factory reset” and confirm by selecting “Yes“.
- Select “install zip from sdcard” > “choose zip from sdcard“. Select the file which we had transferred earlier on the device. Confirm the installation by selecting Yes and the flashing of the ROM will begin.
- After the flashing is complete, go back and select “reboot system now“.
You’ve successfully installed Android ICS 2.3 ICS Based Themed ROM on Your Galaxy S2.