Another Themed ROM is now out for the Samsung Galaxy Ace, the first one was ICS Stock V1, but this one is the Themed ROM of the Galaxy S2 look. The XDA member spacecaker has just released a new custom ROM that has the ability to give Galaxy Ace the look of Samsung Galaxy S2′s UI. The ROM has been dubbed as the “sGs II” Custom ROM. The ROM is based on the Gingerbread 2.3.5 Firmware.
Note: This is an non-official update that has been released by some developer and Samsung isn’t the creator of the ROM. So, the warranty will be voided if you install this firmware, but it can be retained using the STOCK FIRMWARE.
Features of sGs II Custom ROM
- Based on 2.3.5 XWKS2/XWKS9
- Filesystems is EXT
- Root And deodexed
- App2sd activated and tweak manager is available
- BlUE Overglow scroll glow enabled
- LagFree V3 THX TO SLAID480
- SGS II Bootanimation THX to spacecaker
- CRT Off enabled
- Extended Power menu
- TW 4 style launcher
- SGS II Status Bar
- Battery % style
Warning for Beginners:
Note: This is an non official update and has to be applied to the Mobile phone using the Recovery Mode. The steps which are included in this guide are very risky and can even brick off your mobile phone. Unless you are aware with Custom ROMS, Firmwares and ODIN, don’t even try these things on your mobile phone.
Pre-Requisites to Install Samsung Galaxy S2 Themed ROM on Galaxy Ace
- The instructions are working for Galaxy Ace, S5830 Originally manufactured.
- Backup all of your SMS Messages using SMS Backup Application.
- Sync all of your Contacts with the Gmail Application.
- Copy all of your notes manually to somewhere else, as if in case your mobile phone gets bricked these notes will be deleted from the mobile phone.
- Take a backup of call logs, APN Settings, and other important things.
- Charge your mobile phone so that it would be having more than 60% battery.
- Now, enable USB Debugging Mode in your mobile phone (Settings > Applications >Development > USB Debugging).
- Samsung Device Drivers installed in your computer.
- Follow all steps carefully in order to get 100% assured success.
- Rooted Galaxy Ace with ClockworkMod Recovery installed in it.
How to Install Samsung Galaxy S2 Themed ROM on Galaxy Ace
Note: We have written each and every step clearly in order to make the update applied successfully but if any wrong step is taken then Neither me nor thedroidnation.com will be held responsible in case your device gets bricked.
- Download the sGs II Custom ROM, after the download is complete, transfer the file on your mobile phone’s SD Card.
- Turn off your mobile phone and reboot it in recovery mode, the recovery mode can be accessed by Pressing and Holding Home + Power Button.
- Using the CWM Recovery screen, Perform a Full Wipe on your Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830, select “Wipe data / factory reset“, “Wipe Cache Partition” and “Wipe Dalvik Cache” one by one and then proceed to the next step.
- Now, select the option “install zip from sdcard” and then “choose zip from sdcard“, then select the file which we had transferred to the sd card earlier in the step1.
- Proceed, by selecting “Yes” and the ROM will start flashing.
- The installation process is complete, enjoy the Custom Samsung Galaxy S2 looks on your device.
- You can seek in the development thread for any issues and updates.
That’s it, you’ve successfully installed Galaxy S2 themed ROM on your Galaxy Ace.