Samsung Galaxy S2 users got a leaked ROM which makes your mobile to run on Android 4.0.3 with TouchWiz on the menu. Before starting the updation process, all the users need to know that, this update is not released officially, and so one has to be careful while updating your mobile with this version. To make you mobile run on this update, you need to download the Odin tool as we use this tool for the updation process.
Disclaimer: androidtipsblog.com is not responsible in case of any device damages and so we request to follow the instructions and the updation process carefully.
This version will only work for international version of galaxy S2 and so no other users should use this process to update their phones, as there is high probability of device damage. Remember that, this is an early beta version and so bugs are common. So, please make a proper decision before you update your mobile with this version.
- Initially, back up all your data on the phone using any of the backup apps mentioned below.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Notes – Manually save the notes in your mail as these will be lost in the process of firmware update
Call Log – Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- Make sure that your phone is charged with more than 50%.
Steps to update:
- Initially, download the Odin tool and leaked Android 4.0.3 ICS XXKP8 (password: samfirmware.com).
- After downloading the above files, extract ICS file on the desktop for easy access.
- Now, open the Odin tool and turn OFF your mobile.
- Turn on your mobile again to enter into downloading mode. Press Volume Up + Home + Power buttons simultaneously to enter Download Mode.
- Once the phone is in downloading mode, connect the phone with PC using the USB Cable.
- Now, Odin will detect the phone and so place the files as shown below.
- After making above selections, click on the start button to initiate the process of firmware update. After sometime the phone will be restarted which indicates the completion of updation process.