The Samsung Galaxy S II official Android 4.0 update is now available and its pushed region by region across the globe. Users can update to official Android 4.0 through OTA upgrade. For all the people who are eagerly in await of Ice Cream Sandwich now they can update with the same and this is the most stable ROM firmware of ICS. In this article we will go through on how you can update your Samsung Galaxy S II with official Android 4.0 XXLPQ firmware.
Pre Requisites for the Upgrade
Make sure you have gone through this pre upgrade instructions -
- Make sure that your devices is only Galaxy S2 GT I9100 and not any other model released by Samsung or any other variant.
- We advised you that you should have more than 80 % battery left on your phone. Disable antivirus or firewall on your PC and phone as well. Please make sure of this or else you are asking for trouble.
- Please make sure that you enable USB debugging on your phone. Follow the path Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging and you would be able to enable it.
- Finally its important that you backup most of the things on your phone. Make use of the following –
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log - Call Log and Restore
Songs, Videos & Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down manually via “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”.
Once you are done this pre requisites, now you are ready for the firmware upgrade to Android 4.0.3.
Disclaimer : Neither we or the developers should be held responsible for any damage to your device. Users are instructed to follow the instructions carefully and its highly unlikely that there will be any issues with upgrade to this firmware.
Samsung Galaxy S2 XXLPQ Android 4.0.3 Firmware Upgrade Procedure
Follow the below instructions carefully to proceed with the update once you are ready with the pre requisites -
- First download the XXLPQ official version zip package on to your PC and also download Odin flashing tool as well. Once they are done extract the same on your PC.
- From the extracted files, open Odin flashing tool.
- Turn off your Galaxy S II and enter the phone in download mode. You can get Galaxy S II into download mode by pressing the Volume down key, center button and the holding both together you also need to hold the power button until you see a green robot with ‘downloading’ written below it. Once you get that you can release all the three buttons.
- Once you are in download mode, connect your phone to PC using the USB cable and once the connection is successful you will see the ID : COM section turns yellow.
- Make sure you have selected the options Auto Reboot and F Reset Time
- Now you need to press the PDA and select the file exactly in the same block.
PDA – I9100XXLPQ_I9100OXALPQ_I9100XXLPQ_HOME.tar.md5
- Once you do that you need to click on ‘Start’ button. During this process please don’t disconnect the cable or turn off the source device.
- Once that is done, you need to reboot your phone in the recovery mode. To enter into recovery mode, you need to press the volume up key + OK button and holding both together you need press the Power button together. Once you are in the recovery menu, release all the three buttons.
- In the recovery mode, select the option Wipe data/factory reset and then select Wipe Cache Partition and finally select Reboot system now. For selection you can make use of Volume Up and Down keys.
Congratulations that you have updated your Galaxy S II GT I9100 with Android 4.0.3 XXLPQ firmware. At any point of time you get stopped for any reasons, we advise you to restart the process again by re inserting the battery. Do let us know about this firmware on your phone via comments.