So, another firmware update is out for the Galaxy S2. The update has been dubbed as the XXLP6 firmware which is the latest Android 4.0.3 Ice Cream Sandwich. This is an unofficial update that hasn’t been released by Samsung and you would have to use ODIN Downloader to apply this update to your Galaxy S2.
Note: This is an non-official update and an Custom ROM that has been leaked by some developer, you cannot expect this firmware to run fully smooth.
Pre-Requisites to Install Android 4.0.3 XXLP6 Firmware in Galaxy S2
- The instructions are working for Samsung Galaxy S2, I9100 Originally manufactured.
- Backup all of your SMS Messages using SMS Backup Application.
- Sync all of your Contacts with the Gmail Application.
- Copy all of your notes manually to somewhere else, as if in case your mobile phone gets bricked these notes will be deleted from the mobile phone.
- Take a backup of call logs, APN Settings, and other important things.
- Charge your mobile phone so that it would be having more than 60% battery.
- Now, enable USB Debugging Mode in your mobile phone (Settings > Applications >Development > USB Debugging).
- Install all the Samsung Device drivers in your computer.
- Follow all steps carefully in order to get 100% assured success.
Procedure to Update Galaxy S2 I9100 with XXLP6 ROM
Note: We have written each and every step clearly in order to make the update applied successfully but if any wrong step is taken then Neither me nor thedroidnation.com will be held responsible in case your device gets bricked.
- I9100_CODE_I9100XXLP6_CL72050_REV02_user_low_ship. tar
- Now, Put your Galaxy S2 in the Download Mode (Press and hold Volume Down + Home + Power button together and the mobile phone will itself start in the download mode).
- Open Odin3 v1.83.exe file and connect your mobile phone to your computer using the original USB Cable.
- As soon as you connect Galaxy S2 to your computer, the ID:COM section will turn yellow in the ODIN Window.
- Select the following files using the respective tabs:
- Click the PDA Tab, and then select I9100_CODE_I9100XXLP6_CL72050_REV02_user_low_ship. tar
- Click the Phone Tab, and then select MODEM_I9100XXLP6_REV_02_CL1097526.tar
- Click the CSC Tab, and then select GT-I9100-MULTI-CSC-OXXLP3_RST.tar
- In ODIN window make sure that “Auto-Reboot” and “F. Reset Time“ check-boxes are ticked.
- Now, hit off the start button and the it will start the flashing process on your Galaxy S2, after the process is finished your mobile phone will automatically reboot.
- Your mobile phone will be successfully updated with the XXLP6 firmware.
Congratulations!! You’ve successfully installed Android 4.0.3 Ice Cream Sandwich Firmware on your Galaxy S2.