That good to hear that you have upgraded your Samsung Galaxy S II smartphone with Android 4.0 official Ice Cream Sandwich operating system on XXLPQ firmware. But for most of the reasons and application to work on you might in need of the rooting on the same. Here in this article we will help you out on how to root your Galaxy S II smartphone which is based on XXLPQ Android 4.0.3 version.
Make sure that you have followed the following pre requisites –
- Make sure that you have charged your phone to minimum of 80 % battery, we advise to full charged your phone and then proceed with the rooting process.
- This process will certainly need your phone to accept USB debugging. Please enable it by going through Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging.
- Disable all the antivirus, firewall tools on your PC. Uninstall all the security suits as well.
- You should backup various applications on your phone. Make use of the following –
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log - Call Log and Restore,
Songs, Videos & Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down manually via “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”.
Assuming that you have gone through all these, we will now proceed to upgrade your phone.
Disclaimer : Neither the developer nor we are held responsible for any damage happen to your smartphone buts its highly unlikely that it will happen.
Root Galaxy S2 Android 4.0 XXLPQ Firmware
Follow the below procedure to gain the root access on your Galaxy S II Smartphone –
- You need to download XXLPQ Galaxy S II root files and this package also includes Odin flashing tool on your PC.
- Once you have downloaded those, unzip the same on your PC.
- Run Odin 3 v 1.83.exe and install it.
- In the Odin tool select the options Auto Reboot and F Reset time. On the other side connect your phone to the PC using the USB cable.
- Switch off your Galaxy S II in order to boot it in download mode. To do that you need to hold the volume down button and the middle key, holding both you need to press the power button as well. Within 5 seconds you will notice a robot icon inside a triangle and below that ‘downloading’ would be written. Once you see that release all the three buttons.
- As soon as phone gets in the download mode, its confirmed in the Odin tool as well. You will see ID : COM section will turn yellow and you will see ADDED appears in the message box. This confirms that your phone is ready for the update.
- Now tap on the PDA tab and select the files called CF-Root-SGS2_XX_XEO_LPQ-v5.3-CWM5.tar. Cross verify whether you have done things correctly uptill here.
- Once that is done, you need to click on the Start button to root your phone. After 5 – 10 minutes you will see ID : COM above box will see PASS message behind green background which means the process under download mode is completed.
- As soon as the rooting is done, the phone will be rebooted automatically and once your see the phone rebooted back into normal booting mode, remove the USB cable. Re insert the battery in your phone so that you can enter into recovery mode now.
- To get your phone in recovery mode, you need to turn off your phone and then press the Volume UP key along with OK button and holding both you need to press the Power button for some time.
- In the recovery mode, you need to select Wipe Data/Factory Reset, then Wipe Cache Partition and then select Reboot system now to reboot your phone. You can make use of the volume up and down for moving up and down in the select and power button to select.
So you have finally succeeded in rooted your phone. You can check whether rooting is successful or not by installing any Android app which check rooting permissions. Let us know if you face any issue during the upgrade process.