Chainfire is super active, as soon as the update comes out, he comes up with CF-Root Kernel update for that firmware, already rooted with CWM Recovery. He has already done for this firmware too, now you can root your device if you’re running the XXLPH Firmware on your Galaxy S2.
Note: Rooting voids the warranty of an mobile phone, but the warranty can be retained by flashing the STOCK ROM of your device which can be found anywhere on the internet. But never forget, rooting of your device gives many benefits, You can install Root only apps, install custom ROMS, and enjoy overclocking. But this doesn’t matter if you’ve already installed the XXLPH firmware because in order to regain the warranty you would need to install Android 2.3 STOCK ROM on your device.
Warning for Beginners:
Note: This is an rooting process that is applicable for the device named Galaxy S2 GT-19100 and has to be applied to the mobile phone using the recovery mode. The steps which are included in this guide are very risky and can even brick off your Tab, or your mobile phone. Unless and until you aren’t aware with Custom ROMS, Firmwares and ODIN, don’t even try these things on your mobile phone or Tab.
Pre-Requisites to Root Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-I9100
- The instructions are working for Samsung Galaxy S2, I9100 Originally manufactured.
- Backup all of your SMS Messages using SMS Backup Application.
- Sync all of your Contacts with the Gmail Application.
- Copy all of your notes manually to somewhere else, as if in case your mobile phone gets bricked these notes will be deleted from the mobile phone.
- Take a backup of call logs, APN Settings, and other important things.
- Charge your mobile phone so that it would be having more than 60% battery.
- Now, enable USB Debugging Mode in your mobile phone (Settings > Applications >Development > USB Debugging).
- Samsung Device drivers installed in your computer.
- Turn off all the antivirus and firewall programs installed on your computer, as they’ve seemed to be cluttering the Rooting Process.
- Follow all steps carefully in order to get 100% assured success.
How To Root Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-I9100
Note: We have written each and every step clearly in order to make the rooting process successful but if any wrong step is taken then Neither me nor thedroidnation.com will be held responsible in case your device gets bricked.
- Download CF-Root Kernel and the Odin Tool.
- Turn off your mobile phone. Now, put your mobile phone in download mode (Press and hold Volume Down + Home + Power button together and the mobile phone will itself start in the download mode).
- Shoot the ODIN application, as soon as you connect your device to the computer, theID:COM Section will turn yellow itself that indicates that the device is successfully connected.
- On the ODIN window, click the “PDA Tab” and select the .tar file which you’ll get inside the CF-Root Kernel Package.
- Make sure that the Auto Reboot and the F.Reset Time checkboxes are checked.
- Click on START and the process will start.
You’ve successfully rooted your Galaxy S2 running XXLPH Firmware.