Few, days ago the new leaked firmware of Samsung Galaxy S2 was announced which was dubbed as the XXLPB Firmware, The XDA developer “althebyani” has created a new ICS ROM for Galaxy S2, based on the latest XXLPB Firmware, mixed with CyanogenMod 9. Touchwiz UI has been stripped off from the ROM, in order to provide clean and AOSP look.
Features of the Theybyani ROM [Quoted from Dev Thread]
- Fast booting.
- GPS is fixed.
- Pure ICS.
- Awesome Battery life and smoothness.
- Added ICS browser.
- Added Memo.
- Added Google Music app.
- Added New boot animation.
Note: This is an non-official update that has been released by some developer and Samsung isn’t the creator of the ROM. So, the warranty will be voided if you install this firmware, but it can be retained using the STOCK FIRMWARE.
Warning for Beginners:
Note: This is an non official update and has to be applied to the Mobile phone using the recovery mode. The steps which are included in this guide are very risky and can even brick off your mobile phone. Unless you are aware with Custom ROMS, Firmwares and ODIN, don’t even try these things on your mobile phone.
Pre-Requisites to Install Android 4.0.3 ICS on your Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-19100
- The instructions are working for Samsung Galaxy S2, I9100 Originally manufactured.
- Backup all of your SMS Messages using SMS Backup Application.
- Sync all of your Contacts with the Gmail Application.
- Copy all of your notes manually to somewhere else, as if in case your mobile phone gets bricked these notes will be deleted from the mobile phone.
- Take a backup of call logs, APN Settings, and other important things.
- Charge your mobile phone so that it would be having more than 60% battery.
- Now, enable USB Debugging Mode in your mobile phone (Settings > Applications >Development > USB Debugging).
- Samsung Device Drivers installed in your computer.
- Follow all steps carefully in order to get 100% assured success.
- Your device should be Rooted and CWM Recovery Installed.
How to Install Android 4.0.3 ICS on your Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100
Note: We have written each and every step clearly in order to make the update applied successfully but if any wrong step is taken then Neither me nor thedroidnation.com will be held responsible in case your device gets bricked.
- Download the Thebyani ROM to your computer, transfer the file to the SD Card of your mobile phone.
- Turn off your mobile phone, and reboot it in the recovery mode, the recovery mode can be accessed by pressing and holding Volume UP + Power Button together.
- In the recovery mode, select “Wipe data/factory reset” & “Wipe Cache partition” one-by-one and the device caches will be cleared off. After this go to advanced and select “Wipe dalvik cache“.
- Now, select “install zip from sd card” > “choose zip from sd card” and select the file which we had transferred earlier on the device.
- Now, Confirm and let the flashing begin.
- Soon the device will be completely flashed, Now select “Go back” and select “reboot system now” to restart your Galaxy S2.
You’ve successfully installed Android ICS Thebyani XXLPB ROM On your device.