Ice Cream Sandwich Voila, again and another leak for Samsung Galaxy S2, the firmware has been dubbed as the XXLPH firmware and is based on the latest Android 4.0.3 ICS. Samsung’s ICS ROM was leaked which was the XXLPB one which got to be very stable only 3G problem was there but later on it was fixed by us.
Changes that have taken place in this XXLPH ROM
- Battery better than earlier ICS firmware
- Touch not as good as previous XXLPB firmware
- More stable than XXLPB
Go on without saying that the ROM isn’t stable, as XXLPB was a very perfect built so this one has to be a better one as it’s the new built of Android ICS 4.0.3 for Samsung Galaxy S2.
Note: This is an non-official update that has been released by some developer and Samsung isn’t the creator of the ROM. So, the warranty will be voided if you install this firmware, but it can be retained using the STOCK FIRMWARE.
Warning for Beginners:
Note: This is an non official update and has to be applied to the Mobile phone using the ODIN Tool. The steps which are included in this guide are very risky and can even brick off your mobile phone. Unless you are aware with Custom ROMS, Firmwares and ODIN, don’t even try these things on your mobile phone.
Pre-Requisites to Install Android 4.0.3 ICS XXLPH ROM on your Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-19100
- The instructions are working for Samsung Galaxy S2, I9100 Originally manufactured.
- Backup all of your SMS Messages using SMS Backup Application.
- Sync all of your Contacts with the Gmail Application.
- Copy all of your notes manually to somewhere else, as if in case your mobile phone gets bricked these notes will be deleted from the mobile phone.
- Take a backup of call logs, APN Settings, and other important things.
- Charge your mobile phone so that it would be having more than 60% battery.
- Now, enable USB Debugging Mode in your mobile phone (Settings > Applications >Development > USB Debugging).
- Samsung Device Drivers installed in your computer.
- Follow all steps carefully in order to get 100% assured success.
How to Install Android 4.0.3 ICS XXLPH ROM on your Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100
Note: We have written each and every step clearly in order to make the update applied successfully but if any wrong step is taken then Neither me nor thedroidnation.com will be held responsible in case your device gets bricked.
- Download XXLPH Package and the Odin 3 v1.83 application.
- Extract the XXLPH Package, there would be 4 files inside the Package:
- Turn off your mobile phone. Now, put your mobile phone in download mode (Press and hold Volume Down + Home + Power button together and the mobile phone will itself start in the download mode).
- Shoot the ODIN application, as soon as you connect your device to the computer, theID:COM Section will turn yellow itself that indicates that the device is successfully connected.
- Connect your device to your computer, then in the ODIN Window Click the bootloader tab and select “I9100_APBOOT_I9100XXLPH_CL118559_REV02_user_low_ship.tar.md5“, then click on the PDA Tab and select “I9100_CODE_I9100XXLPH_CL118559_REV02_user_low_ship.tar“, click on Phone Tab and select “MODEM_I9100XXLPH_REV_02_CL1104396.tar” and Now Click on the CSC Tab and select “GT-I9100-MULTI-CSC-OXALPH.tar“.
- Make sure that the Auto Reboot and the F.Reset Time checkboxes are checked.
- Now, Hit the START Button and then the process will start and soon your device will be flashed.
You’ve successfully installed Android ICS on your Samsung Galaxy S2.