The Samsung Galaxy S II users had a long wait for the official Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich upgrade. As the official one is delayed you no longer would have to wait for the stock ROM upgrade manually by yourself. The OTA upgrade is still not working on many of the users devices and for them we have gone through the official XXLQ5 firmware which is same as that of the OTA update schedule for you.
Pre Upgrade Instructions
Follow the below pre requirements to be done before upgrading your phone -
- Make sure that you have more than 50 % battery left on your phone.
- Ensure that your phone is Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-I9100 and not any other phone.
- Since this is a stock firmware, most of the things are tested and trusted.
- Make sure that you need to have USB Debugging installed on your Galaxy Ace S5830 phone. The path to perform this operation is Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging” and you should tick the USB debugging option.
Procedure to Update Galaxy S II with ICS 4.0.4 Firmware
Follow the instructions to download and apply the updates –
- Download the ICS 4.0.4 XXLQ5 package to your PC. Once that is download unzip the same and install the Odin present in the same folder.
- Open the Odin tool and minimize it
- On the other side you need to turn off your S 2 handset so that you can enter it in download mode.
- Once can easily enter Samsung Galaxy S II in download mode by pressing the volume down key, center button and power button all three together at once.You can make use of the following video for download mode –
- Once you do that the success of download mode is done when you see a green robot on your screen. Once you see that release the buttons.
- Connect your S II device to the PC using the USB Cable now and once the connection is done, you will see that ID : COM port turns Yellow in Odin tool which means successful connection is done.
- Now you need to select the following files accordingly in the PIT, PDA, CSC and the phone tab –
PIT – u1_02_20120326_emmc_EXT4_8GB.pit
PDA – I9100_CODE_I9100XXLQ5_CL753921_REV02_user_low_ship.tar.md5
CSC – GT-I9100-MULTI-CSC-OXALQ5.tar.md5
Phone – MODEM_I9100XXLQ5_REV_02_CL1165929.tar.md5
- Once that is done, you need to restart your phone so as to enter it in recovery mode.
- One can easily enter Galaxy S II GT I9100 in recovery mode by selecting the Volume up button, home key and the power button , all three together at once.You can make use of the following video for recovery mode –
- In the recovery you need to select “Wipe data/factory reset” & “Wipe Cache partition” to clear all the cache data and once that is done you need to hit “reboot system now”.
You have now successfully applied the updates. Go through Settings > About phone > Firmware version and you will find XXLQ5 as the version. Do let us know your view about this firmware upgrade whether it was successful or not at your end.