So, that’s one more update out for the device named Samsung Galaxy S2, we’ve already covered up the installation processes for the firmware XXLP6, XXKPA, and XXKP8. So far this is one of the best and the most stable version of Android ICS which has been confirmed working awesome on many devices. So, Today we’ll be checking out how we can install the XXLPB Android ICS Firmware in the device.
Note: This is an non-official update that has been released by some developer and Samsung isn’t the creator of the ROM. So, the warranty will be voided if you install this firmware, but it can be retained using the STOCK FIRMWARE.
Warning for Beginners:
Note: This is an non official update and has to be applied to the Mobile phone using the ODIN Tool. The steps which are included in this guide are very risky and can even brick off your mobile phone. Unless you are aware with Custom ROMS, Firmwares and ODIN, don’t even try these things on your mobile phone.
Changes in the XXLPB Android ICS 4.0.3 ROM
Interface: Kind of 3D effect when scrolling.
Battery: Lots better than early ones.
Faster: Feels the same as LP6
Touch: Same as LP6.
Overall: Better score in our eyes than LP6 .
Facelock: Same as LP6 working fine.
Task: Same as version LP6.
Pre-Requisites to Install Android 4.0.3 ICS XXLPB ROM on your Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-19100
- The instructions are working for Samsung Galaxy S2, I9100 Originally manufactured.
- Backup all of your SMS Messages using SMS Backup Application.
- Sync all of your Contacts with the Gmail Application.
- Copy all of your notes manually to somewhere else, as if in case your mobile phone gets bricked these notes will be deleted from the mobile phone.
- Take a backup of call logs, APN Settings, and other important things.
- Charge your mobile phone so that it would be having more than 60% battery.
- Now, enable USB Debugging Mode in your mobile phone (Settings > Applications >Development > USB Debugging).
- Samsung Device Drivers installed in your computer.
- Follow all steps carefully in order to get 100% assured success.
How to Install Android 4.0.3 ICS XXLPB ROM on your Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100
Note: We have written each and every step clearly in order to make the update applied successfully but if any wrong step is taken then Neither me nor thedroidnation.com will be held responsible in case your device gets bricked.
- Download the XXLPB Firmware [Password: samfirmware.com], and the Odin V1.83 Tool to your computer and move it to some new folder in order to prevent any confusions.
- Extract the XXLPB Package and transfer all the files inside the folder to your mobile device.
- Now, put your mobile phone in download mode (Press and hold Volume Down + Home + Power button together and the mobile phone will itself start in the download mode).
- Shoot the ODIN application, as soon as you connect your device to the computer, the ID:COM Section will turn yellow itself that indicates that the device is successfully connected.
- Now, time to select the flashing files in the ODIN window: Click the PDA Tab and select “I9100_CODE_I9100XXLPB_CL99600_REV02_user_low_ship.tar“, after this click on “Phone Tab” and then select the file “MODEM_I9100XXLPB_REV_02_CL1101286.tar“. Now, click on the CSC Tab and select “GT-I9100-MULTI-CSC-OXXLP5_RST.tar“.
- Note: Before clicking on the START Button make sure that the Auto Reboot and F. Reset time checkboxes are ticked.
- Now, Click on START button and let the process complete. Soon the process will complete and a small area in the ODIN Window will turn Green giving the message “PASS”!.
- Your mobile phone will restart upon the completion of the process.
That’s it!! You’ve successfully installed Android ICS 4.0.3 XXPLB Firmware on Your Galaxy S2 device.